• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

codes 29,96

i keep getting 29,96 codes koeo. how do i fix it

29: bad VSS signal.
    Check VSS wires or replace VSS.

96: Fuel Pump secondary circuit fault/high speed fuel pump relay open.
    I would assume this would be for cars with a low pressure in tank pump and a separate high pressure pump mounted on the frame. One of the relay circuits is bad. NFC which pump would be secondary.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If this is a mass air car, you didn't hook the ECM pin to the fuel pump side of the relay. If its not mass air, you shouldn't get this because the stock ECM doesn't have a connection to that spot.

If this is a pre-1988 car, there is no VSS signal to the ECM. You'll need to add it otherwise it gives this code. Again, only happens if you're using a later ECM on an early car, the older ECM does not expect VSS input.

Fuel pump monitor is pin 19, VSS+ is pin 3.

some car info in your sig would be helpful. I honestly have no idea what you drive.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

87 wagon with mass air conversion 9ap cpu and it has cruise control

Comment

so yeah, no VSS and no connection to the relay. Not super important, but the EGR acts stupid without VSS input and you might get some off-idle stumble or bucking when coasting.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

egr deleted

Comment

Working...
            X