2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis Build thread

Here is my build for my 2006 Grand Marquis. Aquired this car after my grandmother passed away and left the car to my parents. I use to daily my 2003 Silverado but tore it apart to lift it and this became my daily.

Current list of mods

Full LED swap inside and out
    LED Mercury door lights
    2012 19" Mustang GT Premium rims
    Ford Racing 1.5 Mustang lowering springs in the rear
    1 full coil cut in the front.
    Marauder spoiler
    Kenwood flip out headunit
    2 15" l7 in the trunk.
    30" light bar behind the grille.
    Factory crown victoria dual exhaust with stainless works Marauder tips.

On to photos

From the beginning

IMG_4453-2 by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_1551-2 by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_1547-2 by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_1539-2 by James Pate, on Flickr

1937078_10153211145817793_3793641599719946622_n by James Pate, on Flickr

13895068_10153659711732793_1594433401284115078_n by James Pate, on Flickr

Had 16" daytons for a little while

Daytons by James Pate, on Flickr

Daytons by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_2211 by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_2205 by James Pate, on Flickr

20170706_190717 by James Pate, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20171025_184123 by James Pate, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20171025_184139 by James Pate, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20171025_184149 by James Pate, on Flickr

20171108_001132 by James Pate, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20171111_165359 by James Pate, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_20180303_165930 by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_3433-2 by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_3431-2 by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_3427-2 by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_3426-2 by James Pate, on Flickr

IMG_3423-2 by James Pate, on Flickr

10/2018

2006 Mercury Grand Marquis
    Ole Blue Hair

Welcome!

The stance is dead on. And the lights that project the Merc Emblem on the ground just blew my mind. Link to where you got them?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Thanks man appreciate it. Would like to lower the front some more since it sits a little higher but I am happy with it. The lights came from ebay you have to drill a hole into the bottom of the door.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2PC-WHITE-M...1Wx8mo&vxp=mtr

10/2018

Ole Blue Hair

Comment

You have a knack for taking pictures. Nice job on the car too.

Hows the top faring in the Florida heat?
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I still like this car man, hella cool
          2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS “The Douche” - 70mm throttle body, P71 airbox, 21mm rear sway bay, dual exhaust, Dodge rims, 89K and counting. 4/2018-
          1966 Ford Thunderbird (390FE) “Fordy McFordface” - engine rebuild No. 3. 11/2016-
          RIP 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS “Jumba” - gone too soon, 229K. 6/2017-2/2018
          RIP 2001 Chevrolet Tracker LT “Featherbrick” - gone too late, 156K POS. 6/2016-9/2016.
          Sold 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - 198K. 6/2016-4/2018

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            You have a knack for taking pictures. Nice job on the car too.

Hows the top faring in the Florida heat?
            Thank you! The top is holding up good. Only thing I have noticed is the stitching has all come undone but the vinyl is still good.

Originally posted by ClayBelt View Post
            I still like this car man, hella cool
            Appreciate it!

10/2018

Ole Blue Hair

Comment

The stitching is usually what fails on these. Not sure what they used for thread, but it seems less durable than you'd want. usually that doesn't matter, but once the vinyl starts to crack its down hill fast.

You have some interesting building art somewhere. I dig the big Tesla portrait.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                The stitching is usually what fails on these. Not sure what they used for thread, but it seems less durable than you'd want. usually that doesn't matter, but once the vinyl starts to crack its down hill fast.

You have some interesting building art somewhere. I dig the big Tesla portrait.
                So far the leather isn't cracked so fingers crossed. I do wash it often so I am hoping it helps keep it together.

Thanks the art work is down in Miami at the Wynwood walls always changing with new art going up.

10/2018

Ole Blue Hair

Comment

Very nice looking car man! Awesome pictures too

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

Originally posted by ZombieTown94 View Post
                    Very nice looking car man! Awesome pictures too
                    Appreciate it!!

10/2018

Ole Blue Hair

Comment

Well drove the car to Orlando Wednesday. Good trip over all until today when I was planning on leaving. Moved the car on my friends property and my brakes felt squishy but hardened quickly after a few pumps so I didn't think anything of it. Well got to the main road and heard a weird noise that I couldn't figure out what it was. Was coming from driver rear part of the car but the car drove fine so I didn't think anything of it. Switched lanes and heard a clunk so I immediately pulled into a parking lot and looked the car over. Somehow my rear driver brake caliper had somehow came off. Not sure when I lost the bolts that hold it on but they came out and the noise I heard was the caliper dragging on the ground. Thankfully nothing was damaged and all I needed to do was get new mounting hardware and rebolt everything up.

10/2018

Ole Blue Hair

Comment

Originally posted by 73impala View Post
                        Well drove the car to Orlando Wednesday. Good trip over all until today when I was planning on leaving. Moved the car on my friends property and my brakes felt squishy but hardened quickly after a few pumps so I didn't think anything of it. Well got to the main road and heard a weird noise that I couldn't figure out what it was. Was coming from driver rear part of the car but the car drove fine so I didn't think anything of it. Switched lanes and heard a clunk so I immediately pulled into a parking lot and looked the car over. Somehow my rear driver brake caliper had somehow came off. Not sure when I lost the bolts that hold it on but they came out and the noise I heard was the caliper dragging on the ground. Thankfully nothing was damaged and all I needed to do was get new mounting hardware and rebolt everything up.
                        Jesus H. man, that’s nuts (and bolts!). Good thing nothing got really messed up
                        2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS “The Douche” - 70mm throttle body, P71 airbox, 21mm rear sway bay, dual exhaust, Dodge rims, 89K and counting. 4/2018-
                        1966 Ford Thunderbird (390FE) “Fordy McFordface” - engine rebuild No. 3. 11/2016-
                        RIP 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS “Jumba” - gone too soon, 229K. 6/2017-2/2018
                        RIP 2001 Chevrolet Tracker LT “Featherbrick” - gone too late, 156K POS. 6/2016-9/2016.
                        Sold 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - 198K. 6/2016-4/2018

Comment

Originally posted by ClayBelt View Post
                          Jesus H. man, that’s nuts (and bolts!). Good thing nothing got really messed up
                          No kidding! Lol I have no idea how it happened but I am glad it was a simple fix.

10/2018

Ole Blue Hair

Comment

I had that sort of happen to a front caliper once. Pulled off the highway somewhere in Ohio when I was on my way to Chicago. Hit the brakes pulling into a parking spot and it made an awful noise. Pull the wheel and the caliper bolt that keeps the thing from tilting up and jamming into the wheel while going forward had fucked off. How that didn't jam somewhere at highway speeds I don't know. I switched the bolts around so it could only possibly move in reverse and went on my way. Got to Chicago and back that way.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              I had that sort of happen to a front caliper once. Pulled off the highway somewhere in Ohio when I was on my way to Chicago. Hit the brakes pulling into a parking spot and it made an awful noise. Pull the wheel and the caliper bolt that keeps the thing from tilting up and jamming into the wheel while going forward had fucked off. How that didn't jam somewhere at highway speeds I don't know. I switched the bolts around so it could only possibly move in reverse and went on my way. Got to Chicago and back that way.
                              Yeah I had a front one come off of my silverado one night. Driving home on the highway and had no brakes took an exit and and started hearing a scraping sound. Got to the next light and tried going in reverse and the truck wouldn't budge. Come to find out one of the caliper bolts came off and and the caliper was wedged up in the rim.

Pics from today.

LRM_EXPORT_142982111670967_20180924_194314499 by James Pate, on Flickr

LRM_EXPORT_142977618672636_20180924_194310006 by James Pate, on Flickr

Needs a wash badly.

10/2018

Ole Blue Hair

Comment

Working...
                              X