Wanted : 1986-1989 TC below dash black padding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted : 1986-1989 TC below dash black padding

Looking for the black padding below the dash in excellent condition. One piece is below the glove box area. The other is on the driver side. The last "mechanic" ripped the pad from the dash without pulling the fasteners, damaging the pads around the holes.
    The official name is sound insulator. The pads are held to the dash by those nasty two piece screw/pull fasteners.

Sounds like a mechanic needs a stern talking to and possibly told to take a flying leap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Mechanics need to be fired when they mess up people's vehicles. Especially when they are not honest to tell the customer what happened. Rarely does this happen here because workers are hard to find. Anyone who shows up for work and does actual work generally is kept. When someone breaks something, trying to get the shop to pay or replace it without charge to the customer is almost impossible. There is a very poor bureau of automotive repair within this State. Rarely does anything happen. Worst case I have seen was a vehicle inspector losing his inspection license for six months. He issued a inspection stickers to a failed vehicle, which was later in a accident.
      Good news though, the grease monkey who messed up the Subaru, lost his job. The shop had my Subaru fully detailed and paid the bill.

Comment

Working...
      X