No announcement yet.

Chopping Chevy headers to fit ford 302!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just ditched a pair of rusty hedmans for a set of those very same headers for my 87. The fit is actually good and they are stainless steel albeit Im sure its probably not the best quality.

Comment

do your homework and make sure that headers are in compliance to state smog laws and that the computer doesn't go wonky. Some states are very picky on after market performance parts as I have been there done that.

Comment

Id listen to everyone here. Ive fucked with long tubes, big waste of time and money trying to get them to work. Just get cheap shortys and a exhaust reducer or similiar with o2 bungs already in them and go from there.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
          I just ditched a pair of rusty hedmans for a set of those very same headers for my 87. The fit is actually good and they are stainless steel albeit Im sure its probably not the best quality.
          For the price you really can't lose. I bought slightly more expensive ones a few years ago, ceramic coated even. Think they were like $90. The coating isn't the best they came with gaskets, shitty hardware, have thick flanges and didn't leak. Enough good headers have been made over the years they had some fine examples to copy from.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            For the price you really can't lose. I bought slightly more expensive ones a few years ago, ceramic coated even. Think they were like $90. The coating isn't the best they came with gaskets, shitty hardware, have thick flanges and didn't leak. Enough good headers have been made over the years they had some fine examples to copy from.
            Exactly my point. Theyre cheap, stainless and a direct bolt on except for the modifying the flanges and relocating the o2 sensors. The chinese are getting better at copying legit products lol.

Comment

Working...
            X