Headlight bulb recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight bulb recommendation

I used Sylvania 9007 Silverstar ZxE high performance on my 97 townie. Although they seem to be pretty bright, they didn't last long <24 months at the longest.

Anyone have any recommendation on good bulbs for 95-97 townies??
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Been trying out Wagner NightDefense on the ‘87 (H4 headlight housings). Used the same ones on my aunt’s car. They might be a bit too yellow for some folks though, but I’ve found them to work well.

Otherwise, I’d say GE Nighthawk.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Sylvania XV. All of the super hot rod bulbs die quick, boring ones last forever.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Sylvania XV. All of the super hot rod bulbs die quick, boring ones last forever.
        Agreed. I had some Philips "regular" bulbs in my '96 that lasted forever and were better than stock, don't remember what they were. Everything else that doesn't get a projector retrofit gets Sylvania XtraVision, seem a bit brighter than the standard Sylvania and seem to last forever. Honestly tho, I'm spoiled by the projectors so everything I own will probably get them. I can live with having to replace the generic Chineseum HID bulbs every 18 months, they're only $12 a pair.
        -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
        1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
        1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

I've got a set of phillips vision plus currently in the vomit comet. They are on par with the sylvania's that where in it when I bought it. The phillips though have dropped off output significantly since I put them in, they could use a relay mod to improve bulb life (along with output). Thinking about doing the LED thing just to try it, despite my skepticism of the their capabilities.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
          X