Rear control arms for sway bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bgreywolf View Post
    I'm interested if he's not. Looking locally, though--hoping to find a bar, control arms, and locking rear together.
    Bgreywolf dm me im just waiting to get my rear ended rebuilt and powder coated then Ima sell you would need to make your own spacers

Comment

spacers are easy, can fab from 1/4 or 3/8 pipe nipples if nothing else.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I didn't have to fuck with my rear control arms on either '90 to put the cop sway bar on them. Maybe this is an earlier box thing?

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
          I didn't have to fuck with my rear control arms on either '90 to put the cop sway bar on them. Maybe this is an earlier box thing?
          I think it’s hit or miss random. My 82 was bolt on. The 88 needed some vise grip attention to the inner lip. And the 90 has only one set of holes.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
            Both of my '91s only have one hole for a sway bar (build dates 3/90 and 11/90), I'd have to bolt the sway bar on at the existing hole and drill the second hole. I'm pretty sure I have aero mount plates for an aero sway bar though so maybe that was the reason I didn't get the other box sway bar hole in my control arms.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

My 86 was bolt-on.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Can anyone here refer me to someone who knows about wheel sizes that will fit the marquis box cars
                1989 MGM & 2016 Tacomasigpic

Comment

Hey guys so i found someone with a rear bar thats willing to sell me.its bolted to the control arm but looks pretty skinny. What do you guys think? Sorry j couldnt make the pic bigger
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sure looks like the type that works on ours. Any sway bar on the back will help over none at all.

My Cars:
                    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

True

Comment

But that flex...
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Flex1a.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	1285002 Click image for larger version

Name:	Flex2a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	199.0 KB
ID:	1285003

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                        X