A few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few questions

Hey guys Im about to wrap up my back to stock swap lol but I have a few questions. What are the sizes of the fuel lines coming off the fuel rails? Im talking about the part that goes into the fuel rail. I dont have the quick disconnect and need to know the sizes so I can get the right ones with barbed connections.

What is the size of the metal screw that connects the throttle cable to the bracket?

What does the stock airbox connect to so it doesnt just flop around? I have a few brackets in the trunk that I dont know what they go to.

Is the salt and pepper shaker bracket the same as the one on the mustang?

Im sure Ill add more to this thread as I get closer to finishing up, thanks.

Stock air box should mount to a bracket that bolts to studs coming off the driver’s side exhaust manifold. It should have three mounting ears where it attaches. The whole thing should be somewhat like an upside down L when mounted prior to attaching the box.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Cool, I think I have that one then. Ill see if I can mount it then, thanks.

Comment

Fuel lines I think are both 5/16. DId someone chop yours? Not sure what you mean about not having the disconnects. Make sure you use EFI rated rubber line and clamps if you're patching over someone's hack work. If possible, I'd try to put something on the end of the line to give the clamp something to work against. A bubble flare or a double flare with a brake line tool would be fine.

I think that screw is a #12 or #14 sheet metal screw. Its nothing special, take the bracket to the hardware store if neccesary.

airbox is as above

I don't recall a bracket for the shakers but that may have changed on later models. Mine just clip to plastic tabs on the wiper cowl
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My car has a bracket that bolts to the studs of the egr spacer (same ones used for holding the throttle/cruise/tv bracket) for the salt and pepper shakers.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Since it was converted to carb it had rubber hoses coming off the hard lines with no quick connects where it would slide into the fuel rails. Its the part that goes into the fuel rails I need. One is 5/16 and the other is 3/8 I think if someone could verify that.

I got a sheet metal screw, I forgot the size, today at work so Ill see if it works. Right now the throttle cable moves a little bit and causes some binding.

I have another smaller rectangular bracket in the trunk, I bet thats the one. I know the mustangs use a plastic bracket that slides on the side of the intake for the salt and pepper shakers but I dont and there is no provision on the wiper cowl. Hopefully this bracket is it.

Comment

oh you need the quick connect to barb adapters? Lines are both 5/16". OD of the supply side is 0.627 OD on the return side is 0.515. Thats the outside bit on the fuel rail itself. I'd take that to be 5/8 and 1/2 for the actual piece that goes inside once you figure on wall thickness and such. Not keen on taking apart my fuel rail to confirm. If you have a set of calipers and the fuel rail, you can do that yourself. If not, get you some calipers, they're handy.

Its not so much a provision, but my connectors have those little tabs that click into the side of the connector and come out to a plastic post. The posts push into two holes on the cowl. The tabs are found on lots of other connectors, relays, etc.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes thats what Im referring to. I just measured with the fuel line disconnect tools and theyre 5/16 and 3/8. Now I have something to go on. I can find these online but all the websites say they dont find this car... at least I know the sizes.

Maybe mine have just been ripped off but theres nothing for the salt and pepper shakers to attach to. Im not too worried about that though.

Comment

look up Mustang parts. Same fittings.

Comment

I actually have parts of the hard lines from a mustang. Ill grab a hack saw and modify them, I just figured one with barbed fittings would be better. I guess making sure its secure with hose clamps will suffice.

Can anyone tell me where the top vacuum line from the vacuum tree on the firewall connects to? Its too small to attach to the vacuum tee under the intake.

Comment

i think thats the one that goes to the check valve. Output from the check valve is to the soup can and into the dash for the climate control.

Comment

The end with the red stripe doesnt go anywhere. Now I dont have the soup can anymore but I thought that was for cruise control. Regardless I dont have it or the vacuum line. Theres another line below the top one on the vacuum tree thats blocked off too that I need to know where to route.

Comment

Soup can is for climate control, without it you'll get defrost every time you hit the gas. If its auto climate control, it will also go hot. You need the can and the check valve.

Other lines off the tree are to the brake booster, cruise control, and the auto parking brake release. Don't remember which order they sit in, but the parking brake release is another small one through the firewall.

Comment

Manual climate control here. I know the brake booster and parking brake release are both hooked up but the line with the red stripe isnt hooked up to the intake because no vacuum ports are small enough to accept it.

Comment

Working...
                            X