X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burger madness October 2018

Hi Guys

It's burger madness time again
    On the first Saturday of every month Miss Peppers American diner in Frechen Germany
    have an American car gathering so we have decided to do another mad burger run.
    Germany and back in less than twenty four hours. Not sure if Jane will be coming but me and The Chariot Of The Devil will be at ....

Miss PeppeR American Diner
    Kölner Strasse 209 - 211
    50226 Frechen
    GERMANY

...on Saturday 6th October from about 5:00pm till everyone gets fed up or around 9:30pm

Everyone is welcome no matter what you drive, come along for a good time with some good new friends.

Why not make this a truly international Burger meet?

Regards

Dereck
    President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Yeah... gonna have to pass on that one. I'm about 4000 miles too far away.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Very cool! Glad to see these things appreciated on that side of the pond. That being said, our boats aren't cut out to sail that far unfortunately. Can you imagine how cool a Panther invasion would be at such a show though?

Comment

Hi Sly

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Yeah... gonna have to pass on that one. I'm about 4000 miles too far away.
        So what sort of excuse is that?

I have travelled to Philadelphia for breakfast meets, Los Angeles for lunchtime meets Boscobel, WI for a beach party and go to the Carlisle Ford Nationals every year

Regards

Dereck
        President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck View Post
          Hi Sly

So what sort of excuse is that?

I have travelled to Philadelphia for breakfast meets, Los Angeles for lunchtime meets Boscobel, WI for a beach party and go to the Carlisle Ford Nationals every year

Regards

Dereck
          So? I live in the states and I've never been to Ford Nationals. Some of us aren't made of money and time that allows us to do things like that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Good answer Sly yes some of us simply do not have the money to travel across the pond with a 4000lb car it is just too expencive need I say more.

Comment

Hi Sly

So? I live in the states and I've never been to Ford Nationals. Some of us aren't made of money and time that allows us to do things like that.
              Sorry man my reply was meant as a sarcastic tongue in cheek response and not inteneded to offend, I am not made of money or have endless amounts of time but find the money and time for stuff I want to do.

Hi Guys

A little late but the trip stats are in

• Return train ride = $87
              • Insurance = $23
              • Fuel = $323
              • Burgers & Coke = $40.85
              • Meeting old friends = Priceless

Driving stats
              • 949 miles
              • 45.5 gallons (US) fuel
              • ~ 15 hours driving time
              • ~ 5 hours various waiting time, comfort/fuel stops, ETC
              • ~ 4 hours with friends

Fuel consumption figures for the trip
              • 20.9 miles per gallon (US)
              • 24.6 miles per gallon (UK)
              • 8.88 kilometres per litre
              • 5.53 miles per litre (heehee mixing my measuring systems)

And the purpose of this expedition, apart from the fun of it

My Pure Angus burger

Jane's pulled pork burger

Take care

Dereck

Comment

Mmmm I'm suddenly hungry for burgers. And good fries. You come over here and I can show you a ton of places that do superb ground round. Best I've had yet was a place in Flagstaff, AZ called Diablo Burger. Damn that was tasty. Maybe that's because the countryside there is littered with fresh beef haha.

Also, a good song comes to mind courtesy of Sly's response, "Ain't Never Been to Spain" - Three Dog Night. A passage goes, "..I ain't never been to England but I [really] like the Beatles." True statement for me.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Hi Sly

Jane's pulled pork burger

Take care

Dereck
                  Just one concern, why is there a knife and fork for a pulled pork sandwich?
                  1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Hi BlackVic_P71

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
                    Just one concern, why is there a knife and fork for a pulled pork sandwich?

That is Jane for you, never just grabs it and chows down, she would use a knife and fork on soup

Regards

Dereck

Comment

I kinda figured the response was tongue in cheek, but since you asked what kind of excuse was that, you got an answer. Be careful what you ask for, you just might get an answer. I wasn't miffed either, I just figured I'd be a cynical yank for a bit. Also, I prefer to be able to speak the local language if I plan to have fun and be on my own dime. And since my personal language processor only knows several dialects of English and programming, German doesn't work for me. Also, 4000 miles is a little too far due to that big pond and all. I can't really drive there easily.

BTW, Costs me about $600-700 to go to ScottFest (depending on fuel price). 1500 miles one way. I'd rather go see a bunch of folks I know and enjoy a good BS session and haunt the locals than go to Ford Nats personally. Considering the massive push I'm making to pay off my student loans so I might be able to move into a house (or build one) in a better location with a larger garage, I can't even go to many regional things. So yeah... all my vacation this year was spent at home anyhow. Not to mention the medical expenses this year for my wife.

Comment

I'd really just love to see a panther driving in england. It's bigger than most lorries over there i reckon, which would make route planning important. Seems to me there would be places you literally could not go, which makes me respect your conviction the much more. Nevermind how goddamned expensive petrol is. My hat's off to you mate, and all for a good burger too. My brothers and i went out to shoot and then have lunch at a steakhouse today, with a mild piss-up as well. In choosing where to eat, we narrowed it down to under 10 miles because southern california is a fucker to get around. Cheers!

Comment

I was watching international crash videos with Ashley last night and saw one of those "Dust buster" GM minivans from the early/mid 90's get hammered. Looks like anything and everything has been imported. I'm amazed at all the Red, White & Blue I see over there.
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Hi Sly

BTW, Costs me about $600-700 to go to ScottFest (depending on fuel price). 1500 miles one way......
                            I have never made it to Scottfest purely because it is held in August and the price of stateside flight quadruples because of school summer break, I have been to Scott's place though, turned up in a Chrysler 300

I'd rather go see a bunch of folks I know and enjoy a good BS session.....
                            You want to know me? I am in Fort Worth for ten days or so the end of November, GMGT mang knows I am coming not sure if he was going to organise a burger meet.

Regards

Dereck

Comment

You want to know me? I am in Fort Worth for ten days or so the end of November, GMGT mang knows I am coming not sure if he was going to organise a burger meet.

Regards

Dereck
                              That would be awesome. I love meeting folks from "not around these parts". Though some may not enjoy meeting me. But if you have no issues with Tom, you'll probably like me. And Fort Worth is about in my back yard. Too close for any reason not to say hi.

Comment

Working...
                              X