• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack's mounting kit

I found in internet pictures of interesting mounting kit for jack:

http://www.gdmjoe.com/miscellaneous/jackmount01.jpg
    http://www.gdmjoe.com/miscellaneous/jackmount05.jpg

Do You know where can I buy it ?
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

I would assume it is a dealer part, maybe someone has a late model wreck that is being parted out. Check ebay maybe?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That jack mount is only a couple years offering in the cvgm, I want to say around 1998, maybe 1998-2000. Then they started tossing the jack back up on the shelf. The bracket is originally spot welded to the side there, so take some tin snips with you to the autowreckers and you can cut it out. As designed, it is intended to be used with the older wide base jack due to a hole in the base, but if you weld a large washer to the side of your existing narrow base jack in the correct location (after 2000? 2002?) you can mount the narrow base jack to it. Its a pending project for me as I found a car with one of the mounts in it a while back, I didn't take the wide base jack becuase something about the way it was constructed I didn't like compared to the newer ones.

Theres also a towncar mount that Ponyguy on the other site mounted to his car, the townie one is plastic and can be bolted in with minor modification to fit the cvgm specific jack, and maybe easier to find at the autowreckers since its apparently been used for a lot more years. .

Alex.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
        That jack mount is only a couple years offering in the cvgm, I want to say around 1998, maybe 1998-2000. Then they started tossing the jack back up on the shelf. The bracket is originally spot welded to the side there, so take some tin snips with you to the autowreckers and you can cut it out. As designed, it is intended to be used with the older wide base jack due to a hole in the base, but if you weld a large washer to the side of your existing narrow base jack in the correct location (after 2000? 2002?) you can mount the narrow base jack to it. Its a pending project for me as I found a car with one of the mounts in it a while back, I didn't take the wide base jack becuase something about the way it was constructed I didn't like compared to the newer ones.

Theres also a towncar mount that Ponyguy on the other site mounted to his car, the townie one is plastic and can be bolted in with minor modification to fit the cvgm specific jack, and maybe easier to find at the autowreckers since its apparently been used for a lot more years. .

Alex.
        Thank You Alex for very detailed reply
        '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

Working...
        X