Map/courtesy lamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map/courtesy lamps

My front courtesy lamps don't light when I open doors or rotate dimmer switch to the right. I'm almost sure that it works when I bought a car month ago. I can turn on this lights manualy by rocker controls next to each lamp. When I open doors/use dimmer switch/open car via remote only rear reading lamps and leg room lights turn on. What should I check ?
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Check your owners manual for light configuration settings. There may be a way to program that if not a switch you've overlooked. If you don't have the manual, you can download it from www.motorcraftservice.com - click on Free resources, then owner information. Enter your car's info and download the PDF. If that info isn't in the manual, I don't know what to do.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I have original manual and there is nothing in about configuration of internal lights. Where can I find description of remote control ? Maybe there is possibility to program internal lights by remote..? Where are sensors of opening doors ? In door locks ? Maybe there is some controller of internal lights..?
      '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

The switch isn’t a three position switch is it? On/Off/switched? More than once the wife has complained about the courtesy light in the cargo area of our Escape and it has been the 3-way switch that has been moved to off.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I know that for my 03 Expedition, if you move the dimmer to the lowest position (past the click), it disables the interior lights. Opening the doors won't do anything. You have to manually turn them on. Move the dimmer back past that click and the interior lights come on with the door opened.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

there should be 2 wires going up there, one is constant + for the manual switch, the other is powered only when the door is open. If that switched wire got broken or cut you'd have this problem. Why that would happen, don't know.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              I know that for my 03 Expedition, if you move the dimmer to the lowest position (past the click), it disables the interior lights. Opening the doors won't do anything. You have to manually turn them on. Move the dimmer back past that click and the interior lights come on with the door opened.
              That was the reason - thank You !!!

Comment

Working...
              X