No announcement yet.

Ect sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round 5 pin connector by the wiper motor, is this in the ECM harness or the body harness? If its in the ECM harness that sounds like it could be the one for the oxygen sensors. There is a Y shaped harness that goes from the two oxygen sensor plugs to a single connector up behind the engine. I believe the one for the reverse lights and neutral switch is a square connector.

IAC and EGR sensor should come out of the same harness the injectors do.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
      Whats that the coolant tubes? Damn dont say that lol.
      Yes. Of course it was. I have it as a spare now. I have bunch of o rings and can rebuild that one too if i ever need it.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I believe it is part of the ecu harness, Ill upload a pic with the plug circled in red. Since it was converted to carb Im willing to bet that is exactly what it was...

Hmm Im still going to try and use the mustang coolant tubes but I wont be too mad if it doesnt work.

This has been sort of hacked. Im using a mustang fuel injection harness so the tps and egr connectors had to be cut and wires extended. There is another rectangular connector with a single clip on one of the shorter sides. I figured that was for the ac compressor but I remembered the ac compressor on the mustangs are on the drivers side so thats probably for the iac. Ill cut and extend it next time I get out to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pic of the harness

Comment

can't tell honestly, but if its in the same bundle that the white and black plugs come out of, its ECM and probably for the oxygen sensors. Just make sure you match the wire colors on the oxygen sensors to ID left and right. It'll run stupid if they are switched.

side clip plug is the IAC. AC compressor connector is a little different, and I'm pretty sure it comes out of the bundle going to the coil and distributor anyway.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You sir are correct on all accounts. Lol thanks. Yes its the same bundle as the one for the salt and pepper shakers. Im curious if the mustang o2 sensor harness is the same. Ill see if I can find a panther one but itll be nice to know if another one will work too.

Just when I thought I was done cutting and extending wires... oh well its fun. This has turned into quite a project.

Comment

probably the same, or able to be made to work. Its two sensors and a ground wire, not exactly a complicated item.

Comment

True, its just that Ford made 4 different harnesses between 87-93 and they are not interchangeable. The wrong harness used could fry the computer. That said Ill buy one and check the pinout just in case. I think Ill be ok.

Comment

If the round connector is a physical match, moving the pins around is easy.

I hear you on the year to year differences that aren't really different. Lets shuffle the wires in a connector because we feel like it. Yay.

Comment

Yea I think that was a dumb thing Ford did. But on the other hand they were kind enough to make some things compatible like the engine harness and intakes lol. It makes it a little easier to find parts since you can find a lot of Fox body stuff for cheap whereas the comparable panther stuff from the same era is apparently rare, not to mention the boneyards near me have next to nothing as far as box panthers go...

Comment

Not so rare 20 years ago, but they all got scrapped because nobody cares. Its not a Mustang, nobody is going to want Grandpa's car.

Comment

Its pretty sad actually. These were pretty good reliable cars back in their day and can still be relevant today.

Comment

Working...
                          X