Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPMS Bypass

https://www.tpmsbypass.com/

Does anyone know this thing ? It works or it's fake ? I need to change wheels for winter set and I don't like to look at warning light for next 4 months.
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

If you have an OBDII USB adapter (elm scan compatible IIRC) you can use www.forscan.org to enable/disable TPMS as well as a few other things.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Just put on the winter wheels and see how she does. Mine doesn't light the tpms for days or weeks at a time, and when it does light, it stays on for a few hours, or a few days and goes out again for a few days or weeks. Totally randomn, and totally useless.

I've got to look at forscan again, I did not see anything about tpms last time I was poking around in it.

Alex.

Comment

They keep adding features as they figure stuff out.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          If you have an OBDII USB adapter (elm scan compatible IIRC) you can use www.forscan.org to enable/disable TPMS as well as a few other things.
          This is great. I knew nothing of this. Going to order a ELM327 cable and see if I can fix a few things on the 12 Escape. Whose idea was it to have the parking lights turn on every time you open a door?
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

At least it doesn't flash the hazards 20 times like the 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan my sister-in-law just got.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              So I should download it on laptop, connect with car via OBDII and there should be options to deactivate TPMS ? I found on FORScan forum topic about TPMS in 2008 CV:

"I have finally got around to decoding more of the DDM data. (Drivers Door Module)

For those that wan't t to try disabling their TPMS, I will share what I know.

Crown Victoria's are factory set in the DDM as A0-06 2323 2300 00, which decodes to 35 psi front, 35 psi rear and 35 psi spare.
              Lincoln Town Car's are set as follows, A0-06 2121 2100 00, which decodes to 33 psi front, 33 psi rear and 33 psi spare.

Setting it to A0-06 0000 0000 00 will set your tire pressures to 0, whether or not it disables the monitoring system looking for the sensors I honestly can't say."

If I good understand, If I will change parameters in DDM to A0-06 0000 0000 00, that should disable working of TPMS - am I right ?

Probably I also found easier way to soultion problem of winter tires, etc. - put all 4 strap's with sensor on spare tire, set right pressure and forget about it
              '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

"Should". I know it worked on the Focus forum I found the info in. The spare solution may work but that would require dismounting/remounting the tire. For me, saving the current settings and changing them with the OBD-II would be easier. Then just make that part of the routine of changing between sets of tires.

Comment

Working...
                X