LTB: 4.6L oil filter housing(no cooler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTB: 4.6L oil filter housing(no cooler)

Was just wondering if anyone has an oil filter housing for a 2000 MGM? Need one since the one I have has a crack at the oil pressure switch. Thanks in advance!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

ah... the oil filter adapter. Should be able to grab that off any 4.6 SOHC panther from 98-2011 from what I can find. Part number is 9W7Z6881E. It's not that terribly hard to remove either.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I don't have a spare regular one, but I have a few oil cooler sets. Here's one cumbersome possibility. If someone wants to switch to an oil cooler, they could get stuff from me and give you their regular adapter. I'm not actively trying to sell the cooler sets yet (assuming I might get around to it someday), though I'll note that one cooler with lines is brand new from a Ford mechanic who wanted to get rid of stuff ASAP. It would seem a whole lot more convenient for you to go to a wrecker. They're listed for $8 at the Kenny U-Pull in Hamilton. I don't know if I'll be getting out there this year.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I have a good wrecker very close to me but, time is an issue and they wont pull one for me. They are closed for the saturday for the long weekend so, have to wait till next saturday at the earliest.

Comment

Bah.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I was looking into replacing mine as it was leaking oil from that area. Then I decided against it because I didn't feel like messing with the cooling system. Oddly enough, it stopped leaking shortly after that.

Comment

Was actually able to spend my lunch hour at the wreckers today. I scored two of these damn things. Figured having a spare could not hurt and both were super easy to remove. One car had its fender missing and the other had its engine removed. $20 for both.

Comment

Bonus!

Comment

Cleaned both up nice. Just replaced the one on the car yesterday and the other is stashed as a spare. Think I might collect a second since, I have two modular panthers.

Comment

Working...
                  X