No announcement yet.

Hello from Austria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine has that too, yet still blew the heater core. I think people putting extra stuff in (if it already has the restrictor like you pictured) is just a placebo effect.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Ford did equip some cars with flow restrictors from the factory. Late model 5.0 Mustangs had them, for instance. Cars like ours typically didn't because they're not expected to have to endure wide-open-throttle, high-RPM action like a Mustang would. That said, if your heater core explodes, it's probably because it was a defective heater core to begin with.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

I wonder if boxes equipped with ATC got them or were most likely to...

Comment

Mine did not, or at least I don't remember ever finding one. It has a washer in there as a restriction now.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The restriction in my ATC cars was the TBL. I also put flush T's on that side of the heater as well which creates another slight restriction.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ah yeah, that TBL does act as a restriction. My car also had the washer thing pictured in Karotte's photo. Heater core is currently leaking. Has had "green" coolant all of it's life which was never allowed to go skanky so I guess it's inevitable. I don't hot rod my TC either.

Comment

Working...
              X