X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 Seatbelt in Gray

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-FOR...A/223147592943

Good deal for someone.

Don’t have my master part catalog handy, but I’m betting 79-89 Ford/Merc Panther fitment. Not sure on Lincoln? The 54 in the part number tells me it’s for a four door, and likely the same for the wagon. Also may depend on the seat type for the receiver end... but maybe not.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Good deal indeed.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
      Good deal indeed.
      What would cause a seat belt not to want to go back in

Comment

Originally posted by Elias View Post
        What would cause a seat belt not to want to go back in
        Worn out retractors. I’ve got to replace the set in the wagon because of that. Passenger side is very lazy. Alternatively in an accident, the older style mechanical intertia catch may stay stuck in place after being engaged with hard force thrown against it. The one in my Sable was stuck in the extended position until I smacked the release mechanism.

Also, those plastic shrouds around the latch seems to start breaking apart, or at least mine have. I’ve also had the latch fail internally. Age and use sometimes isn’t kind to that stuff.
        Last edited by Kodachrome Wolf; 10-03-2018, 07:31 PM.

My Cars:
        -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
        -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
        -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
        -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

weak spring. Common on boxes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Confirmed fitment. 1989 before 10/88. Titanium color. 4D sedan and wagon, driver side front, all seat types. Not sure what changed 30 years ago to date but it required a different seat belt.

Catalog indicates interchange very likely to at least 1983. Prior to that, there is not a lot of crossover but I think that's due to the very different interior colors of the early boxes.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              Confirmed fitment. 1989 before 10/88. Titanium color. 4D sedan and wagon, driver side front, all seat types. Not sure what changed 30 years ago to date but it required a different seat belt.

Catalog indicates interchange very likely to at least 1983. Prior to that, there is not a lot of crossover but I think that's due to the very different interior colors of the early boxes.
              Also how do you know exactly what color titanium is. Is there more than one shade of silver. Or how could i find out what color mine is would i be able to tell by vin number. My passage side is very lazy and also only way my seat belt buckles up is if i push button down then push seatbelt in the release button.

Comment

FWIW I put an ‘89 TC latch in my ‘87. Fit fine. Looked like the one in the picture.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Also how do you know exactly what color titanium is. Is there more than one shade of silver. Or how could i find out what color mine is would i be able to tell by vin number. My passage side is very lazy and also only way my seat belt buckles up is if i push button down then push seatbelt in the release button.
                  We can probably find your exact color if you let us know what your trim code is off the door info sticker. Should be a couple letters and numbers under “trim” or “int trim.”

Titanium is gray. Might be a shade or two off, but nothing too noticeable. Remember this is drivers side not passenger and they don’t interchange.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                    We can probably find your exact color if you let us know what your trim code is off the door info sticker. Should be a couple letters and numbers under “trim” or “int trim.”

Titanium is gray. Might be a shade or two off, but nothing too noticeable. Remember this is drivers side not passenger and they don’t interchange.
                    Interior trim code says YG

Comment

Interior trim code says YG
                      Split bench cloth in “smoke.” Probably a very slight color variation but this one would look right at home in your 88.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                      X