88 P72 in Virginia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 P72 in Virginia

Looks like it’s got the all cool stuff...

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...716422143.html
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Beware of creepy crawlies in that car besides the rust monster.

Comment

Yup she’s been in the woods a while... Would have better luck selling in the dead of winter. I’d be leery of crawling under there to tow that mess out.

I’m looking at it too much. Could be a parts donor. The more I look, the more I think that’s all it could be. I could use a header panel in the 88 and the 90 could use the big rear sway bar. I have no use for the seats or speedo or coolers really.

I’d really like a police box to restore but I don’t think this is the one. There are so few left around here... mostly because this was Chevy territory until the late Box era. Then again, shipping isn’t as cost prohibitive when you figure you can get a good rust free car from down south and have much restorative work. I’d really like a 86-87 with the SEFI.

Actually i’d Really like nothing because I have about fifteen projects too many.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I want the seats and front belt receptacles. I know they are uncomfortable as hell but are correct for the car!

Id take the full set. Clean them up and pop them right in.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Offer them $350 (which they would be stupid not to take), rent a Uhaul and go get it. Strip the seats, Speedo and sway bars. The call the wrecker. Heck you may break even after selling a few bits
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

I have a favor to call in with a friend who has a car trailer.

But man that thing is buried. Looks like flat tires and sunk into the jungle forest. I’m not sure we could pull it out with his baby winch. I’ve got some extra HD tow straps. I’m betting the 4x4 truck would spin before this sucker would move.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

corrosion... dirt... rust... stuck in a hole... yeah... not sure how much could actually be used from that one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks like its in deep weeds . Looks worse than it is. Lots of decent parts. Yes I would be careful getting it out, Those box CVs police cars are getting harder to find. Could it be restored ? Don't know unless a person looks.
                A police car collector would more likely want it

Comment

Definitely could use a wash.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                    I have a favor to call in with a friend who has a car trailer.

But man that thing is buried. Looks like flat tires and sunk into the jungle forest. I’m not sure we could pull it out with his baby winch. I’ve got some extra HD tow straps. I’m betting the 4x4 truck would spin before this sucker would move.
                    If you do nab it I seriously will purchase the seats front (with tracks) and rear as well as the buckles. Im dead serious if they are not ripped up badly. Of course I would ride down there to pick them up.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      If you do nab it I seriously will purchase the seats front (with tracks) and rear as well as the buckles. Im dead serious if they are not ripped up badly. Of course I would ride down there to pick them up.
                      I’m betting the driver side has a rip and it looks like the driver seat belt may be busted (I don’t see it). Also the seat tracks may be rusty crusty. But I will keep this in mind.

I wear the motor in my 88 is making more noise than last week. I am wondering if this P72 ran without an air filter for long... my kid has a birthday party this weekend and my schedule is full. If it’s still posted in a week, I may make a trip just to check it out. If she is as ratty as she looks, I have no problem parting it out. If she’s rust free, I may have a Panther hoarding problem.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                        I’m betting the driver side has a rip and it looks like the driver seat belt may be busted (I don’t see it). Also the seat tracks may be rusty crusty. But I will keep this in mind.

I wear the motor in my 88 is making more noise than last week. I am wondering if this P72 ran without an air filter for long... my kid has a birthday party this weekend and my schedule is full. If it’s still posted in a week, I may make a trip just to check it out. If she is as ratty as she looks, I have no problem parting it out. If she’s rust free, I may have a Panther hoarding problem.
                        Whatever ends up happening keep me updated. I am serious about the seats.

Rusty brackets dont bother me, nore do the center seat belt receptacles being busted (Id just use a mustang one). A torn seat cover I can have fixed up/replaced. Its just so damn hard to find these that its OK to compromise on condition....Plus its in the color I would need as it matches my interior.
                        ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Whatever ends up happening keep me updated. I am serious about the seats.

Rusty brackets dont bother me, nore do the center seat belt receptacles being busted (Id just use a mustang one). A torn seat cover I can have fixed up/replaced. Its just so damn hard to find these that its OK to compromise on condition....Plus its in the color I would need as it matches my interior.
                          Agree with you ! Some parts are so hard to find, pounce on them when and where you can. Make your money work for you. Deal with the details later.

Comment

Updates?
                            ~David~

Comment

Nada. Busy life. Got a bit discouraged by the rust I found in my own frame. Shame wagon frames don’t swap with sedans.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                              X