PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: 88 P72 in Virginia

  1. #1
    Wagon Addicted Tiggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedford, VA
    Posts
    4,645

    Default 88 P72 in Virginia

    Looks like itís got the all cool stuff...

    https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...716422143.html
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

    GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

  2. #2
    I post a lot...
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North Las Vegas Nevada
    Posts
    2,153

    Default

    Beware of creepy crawlies in that car besides the rust monster.

  3. #3
    Wagon Addicted Tiggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedford, VA
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    Yup she’s been in the woods a while... Would have better luck selling in the dead of winter. I’d be leery of crawling under there to tow that mess out.

    I’m looking at it too much. Could be a parts donor. The more I look, the more I think that’s all it could be. I could use a header panel in the 88 and the 90 could use the big rear sway bar. I have no use for the seats or speedo or coolers really.

    I’d really like a police box to restore but I don’t think this is the one. There are so few left around here... mostly because this was Chevy territory until the late Box era. Then again, shipping isn’t as cost prohibitive when you figure you can get a good rust free car from down south and have much restorative work. I’d really like a 86-87 with the SEFI.

    Actually i’d Really like nothing because I have about fifteen projects too many.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

    GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

  4. #4
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    18,003

    Default

    I want the seats and front belt receptacles. I know they are uncomfortable as hell but are correct for the car!

    Id take the full set. Clean them up and pop them right in.
    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  5. #5
    I post a lot...
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    2,440

    Default

    Offer them $350 (which they would be stupid not to take), rent a Uhaul and go get it. Strip the seats, Speedo and sway bars. The call the wrecker. Heck you may break even after selling a few bits

  6. #6
    Wagon Addicted Tiggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedford, VA
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    I have a favor to call in with a friend who has a car trailer.

    But man that thing is buried. Looks like flat tires and sunk into the jungle forest. I’m not sure we could pull it out with his baby winch. I’ve got some extra HD tow straps. I’m betting the 4x4 truck would spin before this sucker would move.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

    GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

  7. #7
    Beater gonna beat sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    20,279

    Default

    corrosion... dirt... rust... stuck in a hole... yeah... not sure how much could actually be used from that one.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

  8. #8
    fomoco panthers !
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bangor,Maine
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Looks like its in deep weeds . Looks worse than it is. Lots of decent parts. Yes I would be careful getting it out, Those box CVs police cars are getting harder to find. Could it be restored ? Don't know unless a person looks.
    A police car collector would more likely want it

  9. #9
    Beater gonna beat sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    20,279

    Default

    Definitely could use a wash.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

  10. #10
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    18,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    I have a favor to call in with a friend who has a car trailer.

    But man that thing is buried. Looks like flat tires and sunk into the jungle forest. I’m not sure we could pull it out with his baby winch. I’ve got some extra HD tow straps. I’m betting the 4x4 truck would spin before this sucker would move.
    If you do nab it I seriously will purchase the seats front (with tracks) and rear as well as the buckles. Im dead serious if they are not ripped up badly. Of course I would ride down there to pick them up.
    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  11. #11
    Wagon Addicted Tiggie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Bedford, VA
    Posts
    4,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    If you do nab it I seriously will purchase the seats front (with tracks) and rear as well as the buckles. Im dead serious if they are not ripped up badly. Of course I would ride down there to pick them up.
    I’m betting the driver side has a rip and it looks like the driver seat belt may be busted (I don’t see it). Also the seat tracks may be rusty crusty. But I will keep this in mind.

    I wear the motor in my 88 is making more noise than last week. I am wondering if this P72 ran without an air filter for long... my kid has a birthday party this weekend and my schedule is full. If it’s still posted in a week, I may make a trip just to check it out. If she is as ratty as she looks, I have no problem parting it out. If she’s rust free, I may have a Panther hoarding problem.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

    GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

  12. #12
    The Brown Blob 87gtVIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Whitestone, NY
    Posts
    18,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    I’m betting the driver side has a rip and it looks like the driver seat belt may be busted (I don’t see it). Also the seat tracks may be rusty crusty. But I will keep this in mind.

    I wear the motor in my 88 is making more noise than last week. I am wondering if this P72 ran without an air filter for long... my kid has a birthday party this weekend and my schedule is full. If it’s still posted in a week, I may make a trip just to check it out. If she is as ratty as she looks, I have no problem parting it out. If she’s rust free, I may have a Panther hoarding problem.
    Whatever ends up happening keep me updated. I am serious about the seats.

    Rusty brackets dont bother me, nore do the center seat belt receptacles being busted (Id just use a mustang one). A torn seat cover I can have fixed up/replaced. Its just so damn hard to find these that its OK to compromise on condition....Plus its in the color I would need as it matches my interior.
    ~David~

    My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

  13. #13
    fomoco panthers !
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bangor,Maine
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Whatever ends up happening keep me updated. I am serious about the seats.

    Rusty brackets dont bother me, nore do the center seat belt receptacles being busted (Id just use a mustang one). A torn seat cover I can have fixed up/replaced. Its just so damn hard to find these that its OK to compromise on condition....Plus its in the color I would need as it matches my interior.
    Agree with you ! Some parts are so hard to find, pounce on them when and where you can. Make your money work for you. Deal with the details later.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
GMN Approved Links!


www.rockauto.com www.adtr.net