Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90-94 ATC Controls NOS

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Ford-F2...c/232495751296

No one likes wobbly HVAC controls. Get you some new ones.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

But I did already get me new ATC controls for my '91 MGM:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150704_162938545[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1277925

Along with a few other things not originally found in a '91 MGM.
    Last edited by VicCrownVic; 10-10-2018, 11:29 PM.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Does the fan switch in the early 90s give you more than 3 or 4 speeds? Wondering if I can fit that control into my 86's panel and use it to control a later style blower motor control unit to give me infinite speeds vs the 3 I have now. Not going to refit the whole control panel, just possibly the fan switch itself.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't remember. The fan speed switch appears to not come with the control head in the linked ebay ad. That switch doesn't suffer the wobble that the mode and temperature switches are prone to. I have at least one complete '91 ATC control head (with wobbly mode and temp sliders) somewhere, not sure where though.

Edit: Actually, I think it's 3 manual speeds, and then the speed varies when in the Auto position.
        Last edited by VicCrownVic; 10-10-2018, 11:40 PM.
        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

That one's for the cars with the "transistor" resistor pack. It's a varistor slider so the blower has "infinite" speed settings between min and max.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
            But I did already get me new ATC controls for my '91 MGM:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43193[/ATTACH]

Along with a few other things not originally found in a '91 MGM.
            Now there’s a solution!
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              That one's for the cars with the "transistor" resistor pack. It's a varistor slider so the blower has "infinite" speed settings between min and max.
              so that would do what I want then. The trick will be figuring out how to convert the 3 speed switch on the blend door to something that will vary from max at ends of travel to min in center of travel. Probably can do something with a slide pot if I can measure the total physical range of travel, or maybe a dual linear rotary pot rigged with a crank arm somehow.
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I found my stock control head.The fan speed switch does work as you expected.
                From LO to HI there are no positions; it's just Auto and a continuous scale from LO to HI.

Some pictures of the fan speed switch below. My control bard is long gone, I destroyed it in the process of making an adapter for the '97 LTC EATC head to plug into my stock '91 harness. So I'm not sure where the fans speed switch plugged into the board at, but for what you want, gadget, that probably isn't important.

Note that the control head in the linked ebay ad does not come with this switch, the main board, or the vacuum port selector deal. None of those usually have problems so someone buying the control head in the ad would need to swap those things over to the new one.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I wasn't looking to buy it, just the pic made me wonder if a car from that era could yield up a part useful for other nefarious purposes.

Comment

Working...
                  X