No announcement yet.

Speedo etc......1986 MGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, FatNasty modded in a Box Town Car speedometer head into the ‘79-‘89 type face, but the dash needed some cutting too since of the extra depth required to fit it. I’ve got a similar head from an ‘88 Town Car that works and a spare GMQ cluster. I might try doing what he did, sans digital fuel gauge.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
      LOL.......so tell me Thain, when you are on the GSP or the NJT......do you EVER exceed the double nickle?? A left over from the days of Richard Nixon;-(
      I don't travel on those roads if I can help it. They're built for crazy people. I do get upwards of 70 at times though, even in my pokey old diesel. I just don't spend a lot of time looking at the speedometer. If I'm basically holding even with the rest of the traffic, thats the proper speed.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I love the GSP......if there is no traffic......I usually travel down to exit 100 Bradley Beach where my cousin has a house. But the summer traffic to the shore is KILLER:-(
        Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        I don't travel on those roads if I can help it. They're built for crazy people. I do get upwards of 70 at times though, even in my pokey old diesel. I just don't spend a lot of time looking at the speedometer. If I'm basically holding even with the rest of the traffic, thats the proper speed.

Comment

Working...
        X