Coach lamp removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach lamp removal?

Things are coming along with the slicktop conversion! Have all tiara bar/middle roof trim stuff removed. Want to get the last of the vinyl top off that the coach lamps (which appear to be screwed into the B pillar from the inside) before buttoning everything back up. From what I've seen there are two screws- I can feel one of them but I can't find the other one. Imagine a pair of vice grips or something would be useful to unscrew these, because I don't feel a bolt or a head or anything. Will be putting them back, of course. These cars rock the B pillar lights well!

Also is there any specific adhesive I should use when re-gluing the insulation above the headliner? There were some spots where it was starting to sag before I dropped the headliner, and I had to peel some of the stuff back to get to the tiara bar trim screws. Since I'm there already figure it'd be a good time to re-glue the black rubber seals that go on the inside of the B pillars behind the coach lamp assembly. Driver side was loose and floppy, pass side less so.

Thanks in advance mangs!
    Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 10-12-2018, 05:55 PM. Reason: Added some context
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Haven’t used it but sounds like this will fit the bill for the glue: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-...2639006&rt=rud
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Update. Was able to remove the coach lamps, turns out there's two little square pieces (use a small flat blade screw driver and gently work them out) that cover the screws. Got the rest of the vinyl top peeled off. Will replace coach lamp lights with clear lights tomorrow (assuming we can just bring the bulbs to a store and they'll supply us with stuff?), then get some of that adhesive for the headliner, then some specialized adhesive for the rubber seals/weatherstripping. Gotta do it all and do it right!

Thanks to this thread for explaining things!
      http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...3-Opera-lights
      '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
      '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
      '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

should just be a 194 lamp, those are clear.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X