Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

codes 41 91

how do i test for codes 41 91

when do you get these codes? key engine off test, Key on engine running test, continuous memory test?

basically the codes are saying both O2 sensors are reading lean, start by checking for vacuum leaks and/or extra air getting in the engine. check the MAP sensor and the vacuum line going to the intake manifold
    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Whats the car and is it stock?

What he said about what the codes mean, but what causes it could be a lot of things depending on what exactly you have under the hood.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

put smoke machine on engine no leak found.cleaned mass air sensor with mas air crc can and got these codes with koer did test twice and get same codes

Comment

302 ho mass air

Comment

what MAF and what ECM? if its not the MAF for that ECM it might do this. If the sensors are switched left to right, or if the smog pump is installed but the bypass valve is bad it will do this too.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A9p 94,95 mustang mass air no smog and left and right o2s hooked up right ground wire hooked up

Comment

A9P is an 89-93 ECM.
                —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by rellik god View Post
                  A9p 94,95 mustang mass air no smog and left and right o2s hooked up right ground wire hooked up
                  yeah, the A9P is not going to recognize the transfer function of the 94-95 MAF. change the MAF or find somebody to tune the ECM.
                  2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                  89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                  88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

what maf sensor should i get.right now got 19lb injectors

Comment

Actually, I misunderstood your original post. The 94-95 GT MAF is a direct swap with earlier mass air computers. No extra tuning or wiring modifications are necessary.

https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for.../#post-9119323
                      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

how is your PCV air feed connected? It should go to the throttle body with mass air.

part of the trick with a MAF is that the airbox and the air tube is part of the calibration. Non-stock air cleaners, and cone filters especially, can screw with how they respond.

Comment

pcv air feed from valve cover to throttle body. FORD 2004 + PI AIRBOX ASSEMBLY FORD PI INTAKE TUBE
                          is there any way to test o2sensors i dont remember how old the are off had
                          Last edited by rellik god; 10-16-2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

there is a way to do it with a meter and a propane torch but if both read lean, its probably not both sensors going bad at the same time. on the rare occasions I've had a bum sensor, it didn't give any codes.

Comment

pulled o2 harness and found two ring terminals for ground.the larger ring terminal brown wire was not going to ecu so i pulled harness off and checked pin 49 which was the orange wire and it checked out.what i did was ad a ground wire from head to body and when i hooked things back up i used the big ring terminal brown wire instead of the orange wire.did koer and no more codes 41 91
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X