1991 LTD Crown Victoria in Cincinnati, OH - $2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 LTD Crown Victoria in Cincinnati, OH - $2000

Decent shape, decently low price. Nice color.

https://cincinnati.craigslist.org/ct...717283916.html

From the ad:
    "Starts every time. Runs good and drives smooth. Garage kept. Tires have full life(1 year old)"

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1304707 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	1304708 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	1304709 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	1304710 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	1304711 Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1304712 Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1304713 Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	1304714
    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Ohh, I don't think I've seen this ad yet.
    No rear defrost, sun backed top and sun faded interior. I don't think this car spent its whole life in Ohio.
    No premium sound (not a bad thing in my book, makes upgrading easier), no power antenna, no ditch lights, base wheel covers, and not enough pictures to see what other options it does or doesn't have.
    It does have auto head lamps, but I think by '91 that was standard ('89 on rockauto has w/o auto headlamps, but '91 does not have a listing for w/o auto).

Driver rear wheel arch trim seems to have caught the garage door or something. Wonder what the passenger side looks like?
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Yah, I don't think that is the original paint either with how faded that interior is.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

+1 on the paint.
        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

GS, base seats, no map pockets on the back of the seats.
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Lots of BASE , lately.
            Lots of no love for BASE. All boxes need love (for the right price)I get it though, trying to score the best. All I know is my wife is lucky that I like cheap cars....I know some that spend more on wheels, then I do on everything!
            Last edited by Grand1; 10-16-2018, 08:30 PM.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

I think my dream box would be a '88-'89 Crown Vic base model with manual everything.
              —John

1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                Lots of BASE , lately.
                Lots of no love for BASE. All boxes need love (for the right price)I get it though, trying to score the best. All I know is my wife is lucky that I like cheap cars....I know some that spend more on wheels, then I do on everything!
                Yep, no love for BASE here. Unless it's a truck. Bench seat, cranker windows, sticker shift -sign me up. Although I like trucks with options too. BUt I don't particularly like it when BASE stuff gets listed for higher than cars with options. Like nope, I am not going to pay extra for something that didn't come with extra. It was cheaper from da factory that way so I feel it should be cheaper down the line too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                  Lots of BASE , lately.
                  LOL, I'm not saying base model options are bad, just pointing them out.
                  I have to have auto headlights, rear defrost, and power windows. Also would prefer to have ditch lights. I'm not sure if I'm forgetting anything (probably), but premium sound and electric door locks are over rated for my purposes.

As for dream panthers, a '90-'91 Country Squire with above options and the severe duty seats that scream cheap. Not because those seats are comfortable, I don't mind them actually, but because it's what my '88 Country Squire had and it just adds to the wagon feel of it. Oh, and must have the rear jump seats like my '88 had.
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I think base models in nice condition command higher prices these days partly because of the "they-don't-make-'em-like-this-anymore" factor. Almost everything has power windows, locks, automatic transmission, etc. standard these days.
                    —John

Comment

Well, "they don't make them like this anymore" like they did in 2004 either

You could be right, but that's what amuses me. They'll be saying the same things about cars made now, 30 years from now. But I'm certain I wouldn't have any more interest in a 2019 30 years from now than I already do. Makes me wonder if today's kids will even care about cars like we did. No idea, but yeah, I remember these things growing up and certainly part of their allure.

Comment

All your BASE are belong to... Craigslist

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Somene setup us the bomb!
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

"I installed bomb in trunk of car. It blew up. I no idea why."

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              Yep, no love for BASE here. Unless it's a truck. Bench seat, cranker windows, sticker shift -sign me up. Although I like trucks with options too. BUt I don't particularly like it when BASE stuff gets listed for higher than cars with options. Like nope, I am not going to pay extra for something that didn't come with extra. It was cheaper from da factory that way so I feel it should be cheaper down the line too.
                              This. I used to buy the most stripped down everything, but have been ruined by luxury. My first box was semi-base, but still had more fancy power shit than any other car i ever owned. Latest car is fully optioned, although i hate the leather, it's got power EVERYTHING else and it all works. I laugh at people who think their new car has nifty features like auto-headlamps and climate control. So does my 30-year-old turd.

Comment

Working...
                              X