No announcement yet.

1991 LTD Crown Victoria in Cincinnati, OH - $2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh we hate leather too. One of the reasons Ashley sold her TC. In the three years we owned it, she could not find a velour donor. Sells it and two weeks later find a candidate for velour swap haha.

People are astounded by that, the power vent windows, keyless & illuminated entry and the auto climate control. I don't dare tell them how rudimentary it is but they never thought that stuff existed back then.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I love leather interiors if they’ve been well kept. I always shock myself from static build up in cloth interior cars.

My Cars:
      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I like base as well as luxury. Depends what it is. I would love to have a base 1960s on, Ford pickup with the 6 cyl. Maybe even a military version (basic of the basic) Some cars look better as a base model than the fully loaded model. What I like is a base model with some kind of surprise option added.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
          I love leather interiors if they’ve been well kept. I always shock myself from static build up in cloth interior cars.
          I prefer cloth after growing up in San Antonio riding around in my grandma’s 1977 Grand Prix with leather seats during those south Texas summers. Other than my ‘95 Cobra, I’ve never owned a car with leather and probably never will.
          —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
          1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
          1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
          1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
            I prefer cloth after growing up in San Antonio riding around in my grandma’s 1977 Grand Prix with leather seats during those south Texas summers. Other than my ‘95 Cobra, I’ve never owned a car with leather and probably never will.
            I'll concede leather ain't great on the hot days if the sun has been shining straight on it. Both of my cars remind me of that issue in the dog days of summer. Ouch!

My Cars:
            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Yep, my Grandma's '93 Crown Victoria had leather and every year riding up to their cottage was gross, felt like I was taped to the seats in my shorts. Hot in the summer, cold in the winter and you slide all over the place. Not to mention they show wear & are more prone to it than cloth. No thanks.

Comment

I live in southern california where it's always summer. Leather blows.

Comment

I wish I could find someone with a nice set of saddle cloth seats I could swap into my Cobra. A lot of Cobras came with cloth, but it was rare.
                  —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                  1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                  1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                  1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                    I wish I could find someone with a nice set of saddle cloth seats I could swap into my Cobra. A lot of Cobras came with cloth, but it was rare.
                    The secretary at my work has a 94 Cobra with cloth. Been trying to buy it for 10 years. Maybe one day she’ll cave. It’s red on saddle. My preference would be white on charcoal cloth though.

I’m a cloth seat dude but I’ll take leather over vinyl.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Ooo red on saddle. That's a great combo.

Comment

Working...
                      X