Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think its a 1/2" spacer.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks! I just ordered a 1/2" spacer. I've got the same valve covers on my 87 F150, but that intake is high above the valve covers...would have been a surprise on the CV for sure! I used a breather style cap, and it's a SD truck, so there's no unmetered air to worry about.
      Last edited by bgreywolf; 05-23-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

mine is mass air, so it needs the connection.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

How do I upload IMG files from my computer? I tried using the feature in the post box task bar; but all it does is select the IMG file, but no options to upload it (doesn't say "OK"), it's just blank on the bottom.
          Last edited by packman; 09-17-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

click the link that says "use basic uploader" at the bottom right of that window. The select the file and then click upload file. bit of a PITA to upload one at a time, but it does work that way.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Did you have to run an intake spacer in order to for the upper intake to clear the valve covers?
              Fun fact! You don't need an intake spacer to run those on an EFI 351w. If you're using lightning upper intake, the bracket that holds cruise/throttle/tv cable fits right between the fins. JUST BARELY BUT IT FITS. haha

Comment

a miss is as good as a mile.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  click the link that says "use basic uploader" at the bottom right of that window. The select the file and then click upload file. bit of a PITA to upload one at a time, but it does work that way.
                  There is no link at the bottom right. It just says "Okay" and "Cancel" in the "From URL" tab; and it is blank at the bottom of the "From Computer" tab. I just need to pay photobucket and have my pics released for posting.

Comment

What browser are you using?

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post833622
                      Last edited by gadget73; 09-19-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I used whatever came on my 79 tudor 302 over some 1.7 Comp Magnum rockers. No issues.

Comment

and thats basically what the factory 351 cars came with. Boring-ass tin covers, nothing remotely special. The efi lopo covers are actually a little nicer, just because they're thicker metal. They also have a decent amount of room inside and can be had for peanuts.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	1285884

Okay, I think this works now. Thanks Gadget, thanks SLY

Comment

Comment

Yeah, next time I do this (which I hope is no time soon), I will wait to get the parts I think I will need. I got the valve covers years ago at a swap meet; after I discovered that all I needed was an intake spacer to make taller-than-stock valve covers clear the upper intake. I knew they were for a carb'd application, but I figured that I could make them work with EFI; didn't anticipate fitment issues like this :-/

Comment

Working...
                                X