Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 explorer cam different than mustang cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alrighty I think I am going to go for a explorer one then. Thanks guys!
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

More thread digging ... thanks to posters on this thread who helped me feel comfortable swapping my HO cam for an Exploder version! (sorry Zwack, you can't have mine!)

Linky to plots of DD torque curves: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...ry/17134/61578
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
        As to give you guys a idea what I want from my wagon is just to be a great cruiser that is better then the Lopo in it right now and I want to be able to do a nasty burnout everytime I want to instead of the 50/50 change I can if I attempt it now.lol I have the heads, 19# injectors and HO computer for it sitting waiting to be slapped on. I will get more exotic with the engine when I am done bagging it and all the fun stuff.
        Thanks.
        Get a line-lock. Silly burnouts on command. Easier on the car, especially the rear brakes.

Comment

I did the HO vs Exploder cam a while back on desktop dyno, this is what i got out of it. Its really a pretty small difference one way or the other if you want to be really honest.Not sure I'd swap one for the other if the motor was already together.
          Attached Files
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Hey, that's neat. How did you do the multiple graphs?

Comment

right click in the graph area and select properties. select whatever saved profiles as set 2, 3, or 4 and there ya go.

I think you're gonna need to tweak your settings there. theres no way in hell a lopo cam and gt40 heads is going to make 290 hp and 400 ft/lb of torque. The intake settings are especially touchy. The only way to get something that sounded reasonable on mine was to input the flow per-runner instead of overall. I had it at like 500 cfm and it was displaying silly amounts of power. Avg on a stock Explorer lower is 178, so I used that and was able to get values that seem reasonable, 263 hp@ 5,000 and 335 ft/lb @3500 seems like something I can believe given that a stock HO does 225hp and 300 ft/lb. It might still be a bit on the high side, but with the heads, the 1.7 roller rockers, and the exhaust, I can believe 40 hp gain.
              Last edited by gadget73; 12-28-2007, 09:41 PM.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Interesting. Inputting the sequential-fire with 170 cfm/runner (which I'm sure is way high for a lowpo lower) does bring the Vic cam with E7 heads down to a much more realistic 218hp@4000rpm.

Would a way to adapt this to a 4V/dual-plane be to figure the typical flow per cylinder based on manifold flow data and input that under the sequential-fire settings?
                Last edited by 1987cp; 12-29-2007, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X