Dew Wipe and window channel questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dew Wipe and window channel questions

Hello gearheads, I drive a 87 merc grand marque every day as a daily driver. Work on several issues at a time. Drive it a few months then do other little repairs. A good car with lots of room. My main questions are, number one; where can I get the window channel rubber for front door glass. Glass came up and was very sloppy and the rest was in pieces at the bottom of the door. 2nd question; where can I buy the outside rubber that sits on the glass to keep water out and also the same for the rubber along the inside door panel? It is all dry rotted and does not do the intended job any more. I have spent a lot of time on the internet and have not found anything. Found some bulk rubber from JC Whitney but I would not know if it would work on my car. All the fords and mercs from the 80s have been used for demo cars at the fair. Thank You All. any help is better than none. greyhound

I think these two threads will have what you're looking for
    http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...acement-Thread
    http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...w-wipe-sources
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ooh! Will bookmark these links for when I get around to replacing those on the Coupe. Rockauto listing for the channels show 8 left.

Comment

They are a sticky at the top of this forum
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          They are a sticky at the top of this forum

Comment

Just so things are clear this topic was posted within the "what are you working on?" thread. I moved it to here as it is way more likely to get an accurate answer/response.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
            X