suspension upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension upgrade

alright guys so my lower ball joints are shot in my 1990 GM and was looking to upgrade the suspension, and by that i mean get all 98 front suspension from a junked car. My question was, will everything from a 98 fit with no problem into my box? i will be doing a big brake upgrade as well.

Check this thread: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post377308

Looks like the 98 will have most everything you need with the exception of upper control arms and ball joints. You need a 92-94 for that.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by dan View Post
      alright guys so my lower ball joints are shot in my 1990 GM and was looking to upgrade the suspension, and by that i mean get all 98 front suspension from a junked car. My question was, will everything from a 98 fit with no problem into my box? i will be doing a big brake upgrade as well.
      I used all 98 stuff even swaybar and ball joints only thing you will need is the upper are from a 92-94 here is mine.

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...upgrade-advice

Comment

Thanks alot guys. After reading both posts, ive decided to buy all the parts new from rockauto since the junkyard wont let me bring a jack into the junkyard to be able to safely take out the spring. Rather be safe than dead.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't forget to check amazon for prices as well. A lot of the stuff is available at cheaper pricing, or with free shipping, like whole entire wheel bearing units for $20 or so. It's not hard to hit the free shipping, and they might be doing free ship for everyone for the holiday season. Also, for stuff like brand new calipers, it ended up being a better deal for me to order on Amazon because NO CORE CHARGE. You don't have to send stuff back! Also, some of your favorite podcasts or bloggers could have Amazon Affiliate links that you click on before shopping, and they will send them some money to support them (like a referral reward thing). Then there's also the charity angle, you can pick a charity to give some money to when you shop on amazon (I haven't looked deeply into these programs).

You may have to use Rock Auto for parts numbers and then search for that part number on Amazon. I've had some problems with them saying a part fits my car, but it doesn't.
          Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Working...
          X