Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 87 Crown Vic Ltd

Here she is.
    Pretty decent interior, no huge cracks on dash pad. Needs rear bumper and has cracked windshield. Faded paint but very little rust. Noticed a very small oil leak by pan. TV bushing was already done.

Definitely want to freshen her up, come spring time. Don't want to turn the 351W into a tire roaster, but was wondering what I could do. Definitely needs new coil, distributor, and plug wires as they are OE. Has a 2bbl carb in place of venturi.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181107_153520640.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	1304761Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181107_153529624.jpg
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	1304762Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181107_153541400.jpg
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1304763Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181107_153638237.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	1304764Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181107_153651130.jpg
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	1304765Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181107_153952584_LL.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	1304766Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181107_153736684.jpg
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	1304767
    Last edited by Grand1; 11-07-2018, 06:49 PM.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

I like this ride. Mostly because it reminds me of my old 87 with the same color and top treatment. Of course I didn’t have the 5.8 though...

Any ideas of the last year of the unique 351W Canadian tow package deal?

I’m curious about this package. Does it have a auxiliary trans cooler like the normal tow package cars? Oil cooler like a PI car? Steel or aluminum driveshaft? How many rows in the radiator? Dual exhaust?
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Tree fiddy one! Nice.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

All good questions. It has dual exhaust. Will check for everything else....but she is going to semi- covered storage very soon. I need a garage!

The car is titled as a 1991 assembled vehicle...at that time, there a wait 25 yrs to bring a non federal emissions vehicle into the country.
        The owner (2nd owner) told me.
        "The guy at the DMV told me the previous owner must've known somebody important" (got the car Into the USA in '91)
        Last edited by Grand1; 11-07-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Is that a Canadian car with OE 2bbl, or did they get the VV originally but this one was replaced with the 2bbl?
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gadget, the VV was on first (OE)and then replaced with a 2bbl. The receipts from the previous owner confirm $300.00 carb purchase.
            Last edited by Grand1; 11-07-2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I remember someone (andyfanshawe maybe) explaining that in their country the vehicles end up titled as the year they were imported (I think).
              It sounds like, to me, that the assembled part was an important key to working around that 25 year wait. Bring it over and claim it was assembled from parts such as the body/chassis and the rest "was bought and assembled in the US" (only a guess though). Maybe he just knew someone that would write a bill of sale for the "purchased" parts.

Anyway, nice score! Maybe those of us in the Detroit area will get to see this car next year, say the end of August when Nick usually comes up to visit?
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I drove it, she's a good car. Your oil leak might just be the drain plug. I noticed that when I was peeking under the skirt. Don't forget to lube the ball joints and such. Looks good with those black steelies.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Will take a look down there...looks like two drain plugs to me. I will be replacing the gas tank in Spring...just like you saw Derek. Vic, we should all link up early spring and commence a repair/service marathon for all of our rides....think it would be cool to help each other out....that and me sucking up your CV knowledge.

Comment

Sounds cool to me. I've still got a couple of fuel level sending units for Derek as well. I've had these things about 3 years now and can't even remember why I originally got them.

Hey, do you have a power passenger seat? I have (two of) everything you need to add it (assuming you have power driver seat already) and I would like to get rid of the one that's taking up space in my apartment. Shipping something as large as the seat rack would cost far more than it's worth so if someone local like you could use it I'll even help install it. Just ask Derek, I installed one of mine in his drive way earlier this year; the same one he helped me pull in the JY. I've done the conversion 5 times (I tend to have low optioned cars, and one weirdly optioned MGM LS).
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

In stone, Vic, can't wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                        Will take a look down there...looks like two drain plugs to me. I will be replacing the gas tank in Spring...just like you saw Derek. Vic, we should all link up early spring and commence a repair/service marathon for all of our rides....think it would be cool to help each other out....that and me sucking up your CV knowledge.
                        Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                        Sounds cool to me. I've still got a couple of fuel level sending units for Derek as well. I've had these things about 3 years now and can't even remember why I originally got them.

Hey, do you have a power passenger seat? I have (two of) everything you need to add it (assuming you have power driver seat already) and I would like to get rid of the one that's taking up space in my apartment. Shipping something as large as the seat rack would cost far more than it's worth so if someone local like you could use it I'll even help install it. Just ask Derek, I installed one of mine in his drive way earlier this year; the same one he helped me pull in the JY. I've done the conversion 5 times (I tend to have low optioned cars, and one weirdly optioned MGM LS).
                        Sounds good to me as well. If you guys want to help (I mean mostly do it ) with that heater core job I'll supply whatever food and beverages you fancy. Ashley makes wicked good desserts as well. Name some and she'll happily whip them up. Signatures include apple pie, pumpkin pie, tiramisu, cheese cake and any type of cookie. There is a reason I'm some 15 or 20 lbs heavier than what I was before we met

Funny you mention the power passenger seat thing Vic, Grand's car doesn't have that but does have the power driver's seat so I was telling him about the swap you do. Thought you said 1989 & earlier required more wiring surgery to make the swap happen?

Comment

'90+ you just unplug the single (driver side only) power seat harness and plug in the double harness. (Unless you get a harness with a cheesed end like the last one I did.)
                          '89- requires splicing, or what I like to do is make an adapter and plug it into the output that goes to the driver seat and that splits to the passenger seat.
                          The rack I have taking up space is out of an '88 or '89 so should be a direct swap for an '87.
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

A "cheesed" end. LMAO I haven't heard anyone use that in years.

Comment

The bluish green crap in that plug was about the consistency of cheese.
                              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Working...
                              X