No announcement yet.

My 87 Crown Vic Ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah yeah, corrosion, but that is an actual expression. Takes me back to high school.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Car started to miss overdrive...after 45 it was like revving in neutral. Maybe an overdrive band or bad/on its way out valve. Pulled over and made sure the linkage was good to go....car shifted into overdrive again. One thing I have read:
      "Keep in mind when installing the Lokar TV cable with a carburetor, or when making your own TV linkage it is possible to push the TV valve in further than the factory cable allowed. If you are using a valve body with some mileage on it there may be enough of a ridge from the original range of travel to cause the TV valve to get stuck" when it travels past the ridge.

Don't have a lokar cable...but wondering about the carb from VV swap.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

If its using the factory cable or rod and the carb has the appropriate connection you should have no issue. Most TV cables are set up to give pretty near to full travel at wide open anyway. The linkages can get crusty though. Might be worth lubing the connection points and moving it around to free things up.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did I not say prepare for a trans rebuild?

Don't forget, keep it in "D" until you're on the expressway, 55mph+ and it looks open. Accurate Transmissions in Belleville will handle that job for ~$1300. Ashley had her AOD rebuilt there as it came highly recommended by my one buddy. You'd never know her trans was rebuilt. It just worked after that. LTDMan83 is chooching just fine, Ashley must have put 20k on it after the rebuild too.

Comment

Wow, what a perfect stablemate to the Blue Bomber! Always loved the dark blue on LTD CVs, and how the bright stripes wrap around the trunk creases. Very interesting options on her too- formal rear window but no ditch lights. Lack of cracks on dashpad suggest low UV exposure. Would also explain how the paint has as much clearcoat as it does in most spots and how the canvas top is crack free. Usually by now you see any kind of soft top (vinyl, canvas, etc.) on these cars delaminating along the base of the C pillar and along the bottom edge of the rear window. Well bought if I've ever seen it!
            Last edited by Hearsesrock427; 11-09-2018, 06:34 PM.
            '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
            '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
            '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

She's got ditch lights!

Comment

Yes, Derek I remember you talking about my trans...just wanted you to be wrong (lol). That price is really good on the AOD job. If I'm going into the trans......it's gonna want me to hit the heads, intake, etc.

Will do, Gadget.
                Last edited by Grand1; 11-09-2018, 09:53 PM.

Comment

What kind of 2 barrel is that? It has a stepper motor motor to control fuel like a variable venturi carb. Any numbers on it?
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I noticed that too about the carb, was like "WTF kind of carb has a wiring harness going into it?" I ain't never seen one before, sans one of them GM CCC carbs.

Yah, that sucks. I wish I was wrong about it too. Well you may have the itch to do stuff but won't really have to, just drop the car off to those guys and it'll be returned to you in a few days with a rehabilitated transmission.

Comment

Are you going to add trim rings or wheel covers?
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I wouldn't. Bright lug nuts and a brightly trimmed centercap would by all I'd add if it were mine.

Comment

Wipers quit. Is there a clip/retainer that holds the motor output to the linkage. It was not connected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190722_181421.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1285592

Comment

Yes, a funky clip too. Though it's been well over a decade since I've messed with one of them.
                            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Hey Vic, it's that the clip(those tabs attached ) in the photo...?

ID:	1285595

ID:	1285595

Comment

The tab on the right end, maybe. I don't remember tabs like the ones to the left of the shaft, those look like part of the body of that arm.
                                Does that motor do anything when the wiper switch is turned to any of the on positions (Hi, Lo, Variable)? I want to say the last motor I replaced was dead on only one of the speeds.
                                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                                X