Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat Scratch Fever !!!! Here kitty kitty kitty Bang Bang Bang!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat Scratch Fever !!!! Here kitty kitty kitty Bang Bang Bang!!!!

Hi guys let me start off by saying I love animals Cats Dogs etc yet I have not had my Crown Vic very long and was planning on getting some paint work done to it to restore the finish to as close to new as possible without spending a ton of cash.

I had a plan which included getting the hood and both bumpers resprayed plus getting some Paintless dent removal done to the car then have the entire car wet sanded and polished if the clear coat measured thick enough.

Well some cat or cats may have foiled that plan, I found that some jerk cat must have seen their reflection in my paint on the side of my car and decided to have a fight with himself and pretty much totaled out the paint job. now nearly every panel has thousands of claw marks on it.

It looks like a rabid Cartoon Tasmanian devil was spinning around and on top of my car for hours running a muck trying to kill what he saw in the reflection.

I am hopeful that these scratches may polish out but I need to wait and solve the problem and find a way to keep this cat or cats off of my property or at least away from my car.

I have seen many so called solutions, from chemical to ultrasonic etc, but I was hoping someone here has dealt with and solved a cat issue in the past with having to result to anything illegal or cruel.

Thank for any help with this.
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

This is why i own dogs. Cats are awful creatures...

Comment

LoL well it wasn't his cat which scratched the car... And what confirmation is there that it was indeed a cat? I've had some type of critter slide off the side of my old truck once.. I think it was a possum or a raccoon. Never confirmed it but the damage was done. My opinion is, if the car lives outside, just live with it. Black is a terrible color for something which sits outside, it hides nothing. This is coming from a guy who owns a black car haha. But, my daily drivers or cars that live outside all sport mediocre paint & panels. I park them wherever I please, no anxiety with 'em.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I hate cats my neighbor cat wont leave my 88 alone. I googled and read that apple cider vinegar repels them. So far it has worked but apparently if it rains alot you have to reply it.

Comment

I have a cat. The neighbor stole it, taught it to get on top of cars in the garage, and jump into the rafters. Then jump down. Then the neighbor went into a nursing home and left me my newly trained cat.

Pellet gun works. Live traps with tuna inside. Then haul them to the next state.

I do like animals but there is a limit.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Oh yeah, fuck I almost forgot about fly bait! But hide that stuff, they eat a bit of it and BAM! Dead right next to the source or very near by. Buddy of mine was using it to quell the racoon population by his house and got a cat in the process too. Oops haha.

Comment

Whenever i go to mom's house her goddamned cat climbs all over my car. Being that it's usually a bit dirty, it just makes the footprints and slide marks more distinct. That little bastard starts scratchin' my shit i'll make a hat out of him...

Comment

Mostly my issue with cats is people that dump them, especially when they don't get them fixed first. They breed like crazy and then you end up with feral terrors all over the place. People don't do this with dogs, but they don't have issues doing it with cats. As usual I blame the humans.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

People do it with dogs too. Believe me. This is why my brother's family has 5 dogs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Forgot to add the water hose works well too.

I live in a subdivision where most lots are around .5 acre. A neighbors daughter got kicked out of her house and bought something like 8 cats with her. One of them is Mighty Cat and thinks he rules the ‘hood. Then another neighbor got a young husky pup. Mighty Cat doesn’t visit anymore because Husky pup ran him off. Gotta love neighbors.
                    Last edited by Tiggie; 11-09-2018, 11:18 PM.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                      Whenever i go to mom's house her goddamned cat climbs all over my car. Being that it's usually a bit dirty, it just makes the footprints and slide marks more distinct. That little bastard starts scratchin' my shit i'll make a hat out of him...
                      I am surprised you have any animals living when they get out in your area. Many soups call for those ingredients.
                      In our area, if a cat gets out, it better come back inside quick or it WILL get EATEN by the fox, bear or whatever.
                      I see the resident fox dragging something off every day bigger that it is.

Comment

That's awesome. I need to start killing squirrels, too many in my 'hood. Hate those things.

Comment

Rat with a PR department.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm allergic to cats. I'll sneeze and my nose will run, if I'm sitting in a room with them.
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                              That's awesome. I need to start killing squirrels, too many in my 'hood. Hate those things.
                              Especially the red squirrles. And the "cute" chipmunks. Get a fox or two.
                              Now I need some more owls and bats. Bats really like the mosquitoes.
                              The rent must be cheap. I just had 25 more turkeys move in. Yum.

Comment

Working...
                              X