wagon tailgate hinge repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wagon tailgate hinge repair

Trying to replace or repair the lower tailgate hinge. Would appreciate any source for parts or if anyone has rebuilt the hinge. thanks.

P.I.T.A.!!!! I have put new bushings in the bottom hinge while still on the car. You have to remove the rear bumper and filler to be able to drill out the inner pivot piece and install new bushings. I re-use the original pin and weld the bottom of the pin to the underside of the outer bracket. If you can find a used hinge in good condition, be aware the 79-84 hinge is different than the 85-91. WagonMan
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I have no idea if this part is right, I bought it when I had the '88 wagon because the napa parts guy said it was the right one to replace the hinge pins/bushings that never got done. Napa 675-5150 it's a 2 pins, 4 bushings kit. 1 pin .340" x 2.44", 1 pin .340" x 3.41" Bushings .345"x .420" x .445" It may be a chrysler kit or something, but the parts guy swore up and down it was the perfect kit for the later Ford wagons. My wagon & parts wagon are sitting in PA, 7 hours or so away so I can't check. It could be wrong, or it could be they don't exist any more (this part or the correct one if this isn't).
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

thank you, it is for my 1990 colony
        park that I just happen to pick up in PA. recently

Comment

I had some luck rebuilding mine on the 88 with some brazing if that’s an option for you.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
          X