2011 Grand Marquis “The Mistress”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 Grand Marquis “The Mistress”

Hey guys I picked up a new boat yesterday. A 2011 grand Marquis with a 146k miles on it. I paid a bit of a premium price, but it’s finnanced and rust free.

It was an ex Nevada rental car and I’m guessing by the marks on the bumper infront of the trunk it was used at the airport.

Either that or the dead hookers. You can never be too sure.

Anyways I’m running e85 in it (reason why I bought it, I drive 62 miles a day so I wanted a comfortable ride)

It’s a nice car I think so. Don’t plan on doing anything insane to it. I’ll see if I can upload pictures from my phone.

Cool. Cant get much newer(panther model year wise) than that.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Swaybars are the only thing I would do man, she sounds sweet
      2010 Mercury Grand Marquis LS “The Douche” - 70mm throttle body, P71 airbox, 21mm rear sway bay, dual exhaust, Dodge rims, 89K and counting. 4/2018-
      1966 Ford Thunderbird (390FE) “Fordy McFordface” - engine rebuild No. 3. 11/2016-
      RIP 2005 Buick LaCrosse CXS “Jumba” - gone too soon, 229K. 6/2017-2/2018
      RIP 2001 Chevrolet Tracker LT “Featherbrick” - gone too late, 156K POS. 6/2016-9/2016.
      Sold 2005 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - 198K. 6/2016-4/2018

Comment

Let us know what the E85 economy is vs regular. I'm also curious what the price difference is to see what its actually cheaper to use.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just switched the 12 Escape to e85 last night for the 1st time. Price was $2.66 vs. $3.10 for regular. Will need to run a few tanks to see the avg mpg. Fortunately the car has that built in.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I also got my headunit in it...

Also apparently this had a plug for the amplifier? so I ended up wiring that to the headunit. Don't know if these cars had amplifiers but after the headunit change functionality and sound quality shot up DRAMATICALLY. The original head unit couldn't even read a CD without skipping.

Now I just need to get Torque onto the headunit, then I can use the bluetooth OBD 2 doggle I got.

Also this means officially this headunit has been in every vehicle I have ever owned that could support a double din.
            Last edited by DrHax; 11-15-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Very nice! Congrats and enjoy the new-to-you ride.

Are you able to keep the box as well?
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                Very nice! Congrats and enjoy the new-to-you ride.

Are you able to keep the box as well?
                Hopefully I will be able too. I'm thinking about just having fun with that one and just putting it off to the side as a summer project. I'll keep an eye out for transmissions.

Comment

Looks pretty clean. Be careful of the silver color, it'll start to chip and flake if you don't keep a good coat of wax on her.

I've heard the last couple model years had interior fitment and quality control issues. Anything in the interior seem loose or rattley in yours?

sigpic
                  - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                    Looks pretty clean. Be careful of the silver color, it'll start to chip and flake if you don't keep a good coat of wax on her.

I've heard the last couple model years had interior fitment and quality control issues. Anything in the interior seem loose or rattley in yours?
                    other than the radio, the rear seat is not fully connected down on side, but i'm guessing thats from an owner and not from the factory. Everything is really quiet and nice

I do plan on waxing and buffing the ever living fuck out of the paint. Theres a section on the drivers rear wheel well that is exposed on the lip. I need to tough that up before it becomes more than surface rust.

Comment

nothing much done other than just driving it around and giving it another tank of e85. This time it isn't a mixture of what ever crappy gasoline was in it when I got it that seemed to bog down the car.

I took it for a car wash today as it was dusty. Everybody's giving me compliments on how nice this car looks. Funny I never got that with the vic. Also I'm still impressed by how well the car sounds. Thats one thing I've always enjoyed in this panthers is how well the sound staging is compared to other cars.

Comment

Mercury Mistress? https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x359dd old SNL skit, NSFW.
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

I think thats actually a Continental.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                            Mercury Mistress? https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x359dd old SNL skit, NSFW.
                            Well it was most likely from vegas... Sooooo?

Comment

Surprised it did not have a bunch of dings from the idiots that drive and park like assholes.

Comment

Working...
                              X