Hvac cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hvac cable

Does anyone know what the part number is for the blend door cable? Right now I have one from a mid 80s fox mustang but it comes off when I go from cold to heat and back. Or better yet if someone could get ahold of one. Im having a hell of a time finding one and between working 2 jobs I have very little time to get to the local u pull to try and find one. Though if need be Ill try to find the time.

Not sure if this will help you or not. When I went from auto to manual, I used two small hose clamps on both sides of a wall to prevent the cable from moving and falling off the blend door.

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
    George Burns

Comment

You may just be missing a speed clip to hold the cable on. You can pick those up at most hardware stores. No clue what size you need though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yea I had to modify the mustang cable and it still isnt great. The part behind the hvac panel moves around. Hose clamps might have to do if I cant get a hold of the correct cable or a speed clip.

Comment

Working...
        X