Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cigarette lighter outlet no power

Hey Everyone,

So i just got my 09 GMG LS today. Car (mostly!) works flawlessly, except when i went to plug in my phone charger, nothing. Looks like the cigarette lighter socket is dead. Everything else in the car works absolutely fine, so im thinking maybe its a blown fuse?. But honestly i dont know. Any suggestions on where to start?

Alright so update on this, checking further i was not aware of the hidden outlet UNDER the pull out cupholder\ashtray. Plugging a charger in there works just fine, so i can only presume it may be something minor with the ash tray

In any case im happy i have somewhere to charge my phone now lol

Comment

Both outlets use the same fuse. Ashtray may have succomed to a broken wire, or even the connector popped loose. If you have an aftermarket radio somebody may have hacked it as a lazy mans constant power source.
      Alex.

Comment

What he said.

Also, one of my cars has dirty contacts inside the receptacle. Working the phone charger in the receptacle seems to have removed enough dirt/corrosion that it doesn't bother me enough to clean it out. Every once in a while I have to fiddle with whatever is plugged in, but when I first got the car that outlet seemed dead since none of the plugged in devices would power up.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

interesting, good to know. I appreciate the feedback guys!. I dont THINK there was a radio in this car? as i dont see any obvious signs of one being mounted or anything, but you never know. And as ive only had this car 2 days, im still getting to know her better.

Part of the adventure

Comment

Working...
          X