Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: engine brackets/mounts/hardware for a 4.6 aero or early whale (02 and older)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB: engine brackets/mounts/hardware for a 4.6 aero or early whale (02 and older)

from a 4.6 aero (could also be a 4.6 whale with the old crossmember 2002 or earlier) looking for the engine mount brackets that bolt to the frame and the actual mounts with rubber that bolt to the engine and all hardware...

Let me know what you have! Looking to avoid a long day at the J-yard!

Thanks!
    1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Have you checked at rock auto? they're less than $15 each. Mounts are one of those parts that if they're available, just get the new since they're usually stupid cheap.
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...tor+mount,5552

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yes on the mounts for sure, but i need the brackets and the hardware too as I'm doing a swap that needs all that stuff
      1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

gotcha.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I remember when we put the 302 in the 92 Grand Marquis, all we did was replace the motor mounts. Thats the part that sits between the frame and the engine, there are no brackets or frame mounts. I'm reasonably sure the 4.6 works the same way.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I just pulled the motor out of my 84, definitely a bracket bolted to my engine and the mount bolted to the frame. For the 4.6 I know there is a mount bolted to the motor and a bracket bolted to the frame...i found someone selling one of the frame brackets on ebay, but it's NOS and $30...

Comment

Here is the frame mounted bracket for a 4.6 Aero...this is what I need for both sides plus hardware:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Ford-Le...frcectupt=true

and here is the motor mount for that bracket:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/91-97-fits-....c100005.m1851

Comment

Working...
              X