Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to joining you

Hello!

I have registered, and I am waiting for the email that allows me to participate in the forums. How long does this generally take?

I purchased an iconic CP from a dear friend, he was a member of the group, and since our exchange, he has passed on. I have enjoyed reading his posts and the questions he had posed in his years here. His car was twice Panther of the Month, and he encouraged me to join up here.

Should beb pretty much instant. I re-sent the email. If it doesn't come through and its not in your spam folder let me know and I'll fix it. Once in a while the emails just get lost in the void and I have no idea why.

I was sad to hear about Donald's passing. I've met him several times and have done some work on that car. He was a great guy.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thank you, I will go look again.

I want to reply to Donald's thread trying to sell the Shooting Brake, at least share that I was a fan of the car as well as the man for many years, I worked for him when he hosted trials at his farm in Virginia. His passing is a huge loss for us all in the sheepdog community, and he will be sorely missed. I'll miss him because he was a kind friend, and we enjoyed sharing the dogs and the work. I always knew he loved his car, but I never knew he was this head over heels in love with it. Just him. I am truly lucky to have it.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You definitely have a one of a kind vehicle that was kind of a pioneer in a bunch of its modifications. Hope you enjoy the trial and tribulations the vehicle has gone through and will continue to go through under your ownership.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post

I was sad to hear about Donald's passing. I've met him several times and have done some work on that car. He was a great guy.
          I am sure to come ask for help from the folks who created this car, because it is pretty different. So far, so good!

Comment

So many of these "old people" cars are passed on to a generation that has no care or interest. I personally, am glad to see somebody else genuinely wanting to carry on the legacy of a loved car.

Great group of people here that have helped me more times than I can count.
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

I am a child of the generations that loved their cars, personal and otherwise. My husband is a racing car fan (early midgets), and we have a couple from the thirties and earlier. He found a locally produced touring car (1918) that he set out to restore and ended up selling it to the Virginia historical Society museum, for the best interest of the car. My own vehicles have meant a lot to me and I tend to see them through engine rebuilds and such. This car has so much personal history, I wanted it to stay in the "family".

Comment

Woohoo! I was hoping the purchaser of this car would show up. This is definitely one of my favorites and even helped work on it once.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

welcome to the forum!
                  it was sad to see that donald passed away. he was a good friend.

i worked on the car along with a few other forum members from from 2006 to 2016 or so. some of the work can be seen on my youtube channel lincolnmaniac.
                  not sure if i ever made donald a cheat sheet for the brake and suspension parts on that wagon. if you have any questions i'll do my best to remember.

that is the first box panther in the world with functioning four wheel antilock brakes.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                  2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                  1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                  1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                  2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                  1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I believe that is the first box wagon to have a rear wiper as well. If you need any wagon parts, keep me in mind. WagonMan
                    89 Colony Park
                    90 Colony Park
                    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

It's the first box wagon for many things.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                      X