Dope dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dope dome

Hello I own a 1997 Grand Marquis who's dome light doesn't work with all the doors open or with one or more doors open it doesn't work at all except with the switch is on top I like to know if anybody knows the colors for power and ground at the dome light plug and the colors for power and ground at the rear map light so I could maybe jump out the dome light with the rear map light because the rear map light and the courtesy lights under the dash work but not the dome anybody with any ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you

Test for power at the dome light with a cheapo multimeter. If you get the right pair and if there is indeed power going to it, then it should read around 12v. If the re is a little minus sign on your meter then flip your leads. And that will be your positive and negative.

This isn't the most accurate. But it'll be the simplest I can think of as far as testing goes.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Bulbous

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
      Test for power at the dome light with a cheapo multimeter. If you get the right pair and if there is indeed power going to it, then it should read around 12v. If the re is a little minus sign on your meter then flip your leads. And that will be your positive and negative.

This isn't the most accurate. But it'll be the simplest I can think of as far as testing goes.
      There are three bulbs in the dome two are map lights bulb number 168 and the dome light is bulb number 906

Comment

I am not sure if this helps but here is a picture of the headliner removed from my old 2000 MGM that shows the wires.
        Attached Files
        2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Working...
        X