4 barrel carb intakes for 351w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 barrel carb intakes for 351w

Just got an 85 crown vic police package with the 351w. The vv carb on it is junk and i don't want to mess around with obsolete computers and what not. My question is which 4 barrel intakes fit underneath the hood without having to put a hood scoop on?

anything thats not a high rise, but honestly unless you're upgrading the heads or cam I suspect fitting a standard 2bbl on there will perform as well without any fuss.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah, this going to be a performance build. Got a 408w going in her in the spring. I just wanted to get it running without having to buy a two barrel carb. I've got plenty of 4 barrel holleys around. Also don't want to buy an intake that is too tall and wont fit under the stock hood.

Comment

gotcha. I don't remember what went on Phayzer5's car but it has a 408w with a 4bbl under a stock hood. Lincolns have slightly more under-hood clearance but the details are probably in the build thread.

off the top of my head I don't remember if brown_muscle 4bbl swapped his or not. I know it got a head upgrade. His is a 351 car with a stock hood though.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have a 4 barrel going on there soon, and the modified 2150 will be for sale. That aside, like Gadget said, any 4 barrel thats not a high rise should work. Even if you get close to hitting, you can get a variety of low profile air filter housings that will work with minimal hood clearance. Plenty of used ones around such as this: https://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/2181/10002/-1
          Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 11-26-2018, 08:39 PM.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Working...
          X