Brake Line Size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake Line Size?

At what point does one need to install larger brake lines? i.e. Big Brake Conversion or the Bigger Brake Conversion that was discussed a couple months ago; would the stock 3/16" brake lines work for '98 - '02 master cylinders (or aftermarket like Wilwood) and 4 piston calipers?

98-02 cars ran the same 3/16 lines boxes have.

never actually seen it explained why different cars got different size lines. You aren't moving any significant volume of fluid, so I doubt that aspect of it matters any. Smaller lines handle higher pressure just because of reduced surface area but thats the only difference I know of.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool. Thanks Gadget73

I replaced the front lines a few years ago; and I think I may be replacing the rear lines soon as they are fairly crusty for 15 year old lines :-/

Comment

3/16" or 4.5mm line. Same stuff. The only time I've seen different sized lines would be from like the master to the HCU. But I think that was moreso a way to not mix up the lines on the car.

Comment

Working...
        X