Got the parts for my new axle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the parts for my new axle!

after several years of debate ive finally accumulated the big ticket parts for the axle swap in the 82. scored a non abs axle from a 96 marquis. only had 66k on it!?!?! the brake hardware is like new! i got a used trak-loc unit from a ranger that needs a rebuild, and yesterday found a set of 3.73 gears. so with all the main components taken care of, ill just need to paint it, get a diff rebuild, new poly bushing kit, and assemble it. (either myself or a shop).. im pretty excited, itll be one step closer to done. also got a booster and master cylinder off of the 96 so it will clear the clutch cable.

thought i would vent my excitement lol.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

I bet the 3.73 will help the 255 off the line. I know you have engine swap plans but still I’d be still be interested in how different it feels or some rough 0-60 times.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Its gonna be neat, because it will continuously evolve. I'm gonna try the 373 with stock motor and trans , should wake up the motor a bit. Then the 5.0 will go in. Probably run the aod for a while. Then 5 spd swap. I'll use the 5.0 as a mock up for everything then when the 351 is done.. whenever that is lol.. it'll go in with minimal modifications to the rest of the car.
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Working...
      X