PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1981 5.8 ho

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

That would probably be the truck I'd want. Basically all the utility options without the entertainment electronics and all the other BS that usually comes with it. My neighbor down the road has one of those, F250 with zero options but the towing and larger gas engine, he got it "new" for a screaming deal. The dealer basically ordered an extra, used it for running parts and crap for 6 months and sold it at a pretty nice discount. I forget what the numbers were exactly but he got it basically 10k off list price and it had a couple thousand miles on it.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I like trucks like that.

Every time I see a late model regular cab short or long box truck I pretty much deduce it was a custom order. Everything else is the megaton compensator with four doors and enough bling & chrome for three vehicles..
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

and a tiny bed too. My mom had one of those trucks, a 1500 with a smaller bed than an S10 is just wrong, and I don't have the long bed version either. Neighbor's truck is the standard bed length, 6' I think. The truck looks proportional.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Oh yeah, how did I forget to mention the non-existent bed? First time I saw something like that was the Ford Sport-Trac. I laughed at it's useless maybe 3.5ft bed and thought no wonder it was a failure. Little did I know that pick-ups would be using that as the standard option some ten years later. 6' is almost useless, I mean I like my regular cab shortbox truck but Ashley's F150 with it's 8ft box is much more practical for work duties. I like a 3/4 or 1 ton regular cab longbox truck just as much as the regular cab shortbox stuff.

Approaching 2 decades of DDing Box Panthers VicCrownVic's Avatar

I don't know much about the Sport-Trac, but if it's like the Avalanche you fold the rear seat forward to gain more bed length.
    Vic

~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "The Scab" - plenty of rot, summer DD
    ~ 1997 GMC Yukon - wannabe winter DD - I'll fix it eventually
    ~ 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis GS "The Ice Car" - My rotting winter DD
    ~ 1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS - Rotting Retired DD
    Gone but not forgotten:
    ~ 1988 Country Squire ~ 1987 Ford Crown Vic

Sport-Trac looked to have the bed separated from the cab like a traditional truck. Think Explorer but with the rear utility space surgically modified to be a bed instead of all enclosed.

Sport-Trak bed is also fiberglass sides... Not sure about the bed surface though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12