Stolen car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txfordguy View Post
    car was found last night at a know chop shop..it is totaled..everything taken off and shell burn. thank god for insurance. not much else can be done. so i will just wait for the insurance money. since i no longer have a car can i still be a member? if not it is ok. i know this is for panther cars. merry christmas to all and a great new year to all
    Look at the Brightside, now you can upgrade to a Lincoln!
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Who steals Panthers to chop them up? Unless it's a Marauder the parts are worthless.

Comment

I can only hope the shop was put out of business and the owner sits in jail.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
          Who steals Panthers to chop them up? Unless it's a Marauder the parts are worthless.
          That's what I was thinking as well. What pieces of shit. Like jaywish said, hope the owner rots in jail.

Glad at least you got some insurance money out of it.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Wow. What type of ca are you thinking about purchasing next?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
              Cheap parts for the donk crowd?
              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Thanks all. I am not sure what I want need to see how much money I have and will get from insurance. I want another panther. Thanks for letting me stay you all are awesome

Comment

Just one question. Why wasn't this "known chop shop" busted and shut down before? WagonMan
                  89 Colony Park
                  90 Colony Park
                  70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Hoping you get a fair amount for it. Sorry to hear it didn’t turn out well.

Consider agreed value insurance if you get another older Panther. If you didn’t have it already.
                    Last edited by Tiggie; 12-18-2018, 08:02 PM.
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      Several members no longer have panthers. It's not an issue. I totally expect to have a time in the future when I have no panthers. Doesn't mean I won't have another even if I'm just driving SUVs for a while. I do have long term plans to build either a sleeper or an off-road lifted toy of a panther. Long term, meaning probably in another 10 years or so.
                      This. I’m Pantherless at the moment, but once we get the kids out of daycare and pay down things I’ll get another as a toy.

OP... sucks about your car. This world is full of shit heads.
                      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                      Past Panthers
                      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

The sad fact is if there is a call for box panther parts there will be theft's of panther platform cars. CV and GM parts are NLA from Ford motor Company, and some junk yards do not have panther platform cars in inventory. Sad your car was destroyed.

Comment

A professional car thief will get orders for a specific type of car. They must be a certain color, have certain options, condition. It does not matter if the car has high value or not. The "buyer" has already agreed to buy it. Many times the order is filled within hours. Stripped within hours. You would not believe how many stolen cars and parts end up overseas packed inside sea land containers. I highly suspect that is where the parts are. The parts availability here in the states is still good.
                          I am sorry to hear your car was stolen. Actually it feels worse knowing what condition in which it was found.
                          Hopefully you will find another panther that you will fall in love with. Start looking.

Comment

That sucks, but at least the insurance will cover it.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I only had liability insurance.
                              thank god for insurance. not much else can be done. so i will just wait for the insurance money.
                              So, you had liability insurance, but it covers theft?
                              I'm lost.
                              '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                              formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Stolen car

No I had full coverage. Yes it cost but I had her set with a great sound system, wheels, and many other things. Looking for a new one mid 1990s and back. Color any I can change it. You all are great. Thanks for all you comments. I am a young gun learning everyday. Wish me luck on finding a new one love these cars run forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X