Coolant nipple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant nipple

Does anyone know where I can get a new coolant nipple on the lower intake? Im trying to hook up the egr cooler lines but it seems that nipple is a lot smaller than all the other lines. Maybe its because its off a mustang or the rust, I dont know.

which one, the part on the front corner with the ECT where the heater core hose fits, the pipe back from the core with the branch for the cooler, or the fitting at the rear corner of the lower where the EGR cooler returns?

I never found that thing to be of much use anyway. It makes the air stream hotter. Probably more useful if you live in the extreme cold but mine has been unhooked for years without giving me any trouble even when I was driving the car year-round.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The one for the egr spacer on the back of the intake. Id like to keep it as stock as possible but I agree it doesnt really serve a purpose in Florida lol.

Also I dont know if you guys remember but I bought coolant tubes from a mustang and they fit perfectly once I wrestled it under the intake lol. Only a few threads go in for some reason but it doesnt leak so its fine for now.

Comment

should be 1/4 NPT by 1/4" hose bib if I'm not mistaken. I know the pipe thread is 1/4 NPT at least and I could swear I used 1/4" fuel hose when I still had one of these on my car. Either way its just a brass thing and you ought to be able to locate one at a parts store. Won't look exactly like the original but functionally it'll get the job done.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thats ok with me, its hidden anyway. Thanks man, when I go to work later Ill take a look for that size fitting.

Comment

I got a 1/4 and 3/8 just in case. Its probably going to be a pain in the ass to reach but Ill swap it in as soon as I can so I can finish up this car finally.

Comment

Working...
            X