255lph wagon pump mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

255lph wagon pump mod

Got this replacement sending unit assembly for a wagon of mine, since i'm replacing the tank as well. Had a walbro 255lph foxbody pump laying around, was like, oh I'll just swap that out real quick like... nope... lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	JMkEKUG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	1304776

Hacked up a stamping from work and came up with this.

Name:	DVfYsqN.jpg
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1304777

Name:	mTXdik1.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	1304778

Name:	usqfmti.jpg
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	1304779

Name:	hS3M3NU.jpg
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1304780
    Last edited by JeffBoudah; 12-02-2018, 12:02 PM.

Sweet!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Thanks, i wasn't to keen on the rubber sandwich in the sticky. im sure it works fine, but i wanted play with my welder and this was even cheaper.

Comment

Mine is just hose clamped to the stock bracket, no "sandwich". Been like that for a lot of years at this point.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You just compressed the rubber to the walbro pump diameter?

Comment

cut holes through it to pass the hose clamp through. The rubber sock isn't actually doing anything other than hanging out in the tank.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nicely done boys. Anyone used Quantum Fuel Systems stuff? I bought a 320lph pump from them that says it's purpose-built for my car but haven't put it in yet. Chances are i won't touch it until the 347 goes in, and the shop can deal with it then, lol. .

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                Nicely done boys. Anyone used Quantum Fuel Systems stuff? I bought a 320lph pump from them that says it's purpose-built for my car but haven't put it in yet. Chances are i won't touch it until the 347 goes in, and the shop can deal with it then, lol. .
                The nice thing about the '90+ panthers (no sure on wagons?) is the fuel pump is that the fox body pump mentioned in this post is a direct swap. If your 320lph pump is a direct swap for a foxbody it will also be a direct swap for your '90 CV.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                  The nice thing about the '90+ panthers (no sure on wagons?) is the fuel pump is that the fox body pump mentioned in this post is a direct swap. If your 320lph pump is a direct swap for a foxbody it will also be a direct swap for your '90 CV.
                  This is interesting info. I wonder if a '90 wagon unit will fit in an '87 wagon tank???

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                    This is interesting info. I wonder if a '90 wagon unit will fit in an '87 wagon tank???
                    It might, I honestly don't know what they did with the '90-'91 wagon fuel pumps. I know wagons kept the separate sending unit and pump unlike sedans. I also know the sending units did not keep to old resistance range. If the wagons got the same pumps as sedans in '90 then you may be correct. It might be possible that the wagons have the old hanger designed for these newer pumps.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Interestingly, RockAuto and other car parts stores list the fuel pump and hanger assembly for a '91 Country Squire as the same one that the '89 and older wagons used. So, perhaps the '90+ wagons did not get the newer style pump. Then again, the pictures listed for the SPECTRA PREMIUM SP2056H don't look right for any year Country Squire, so I'm not sure what to make of that.
                      Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Dropped a 255lph into my '90 townie not long ago....was super easy lol
                        Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Working...
                        X