PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Need an opinion on diff carrier damage

Default Need an opinion on diff carrier damage

So the 28-spline I picked up from Pick-n-Pull earlier this year has some damage to one of the bearing race surfaces. I'm sure I don't need to worry about this, but wanted to get a second opinion. What do y'all think?

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Very carefully file the burrs off and you should be fine. Let the intact surface guide it, and use a fine file with not extremely high pressure. You'll feel when it stops cutting. Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about it. It just needs to not have high spots that will interfere with pressing the bearing on or seating fully against the shoulder.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers