PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Interesting Stuff Findings

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-s-FORD...EAAOSwF3BelJn-

An AM only radio with a 1992 part number. Surely for truck/van only use. I think I would have went for the radio delete credit or put up the extra to get FM.

How about a four button no cassette radio for very reasonable money?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-VTG...UAAOSwCRVfX~9D

Wow. That is plain and simple.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Interesting.
    I've been junkyarding a LONG time and I've never seen one that plain. I'd have remembered that.
    All FORD All The Time

I have a plain AM/FM from an 84 or 85 CV. May have been from a police car? WagonMan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WIN_20200921_10_56_13_Pro.jpg  
    1990 Colony Park
    1970 HEMI Superbird

Quote Originally Posted by WagonMan View Post
    I have a plain AM/FM from an 84 or 85 CV. May have been from a police car? WagonMan
    I found that exact one last summer in the yard. It was in a low optioned 85 CV. Wish I had scavenged more parts from that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And for a whopping $5, I'll have it in a few days. If it's a bum radio, well, it was only $5.

Kinda tired of the aftermarket radio I have. Works good, but kinda clashes with everything else, so I'll do what I did with the '97 and swap back to a Ford radio. Might see about watching Gadget's video on how he adapted an auxiliary jack into an 80s unit and apply it to this one. I'll just need to look at a wiring diagram for that radio since the factory connectors in the '87 are long gone. Based on a little research, an '84 Lincoln brochure pointed towards that being the intro level radio in Mark VII. Wonder how many owners actually opted for that basic thing considering the car it was going in. I'm sure many opted for at least the cassette option.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (222K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
    And for a whopping $5, I'll have it in a few days. If it's a bum radio, well, it was only $5.

Kinda tired of the aftermarket radio I have. Works good, but kinda clashes with everything else, so I'll do what I did with the '97 and swap back to a Ford radio. Might see about watching Gadget's video on how he adapted an auxiliary jack into an 80s unit and apply it to this one. I'll just need to look at a wiring diagram for that radio since the factory connectors in the '87 are long gone. Based on a little research, an '84 Lincoln brochure pointed towards that being the intro level radio in Mark VII. Wonder how many owners actually opted for that basic thing considering the car it was going in. I'm sure many opted for at least the cassette option.
    Glad you can use it. Or try to. Hopefully the seller comes through on shipping it out. I have had a few cancel the order once they find out “free” shipping is free for the buyer but costs the seller!

fomoco panthers !

I am glad you bought it. I figured someone here got it. If the seller flakes out, let me know. I am pretty sure I have a very plain one. Not much can go wrong with those

Quote Originally Posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post

Hope that works out. For some reason I though the aux input modification hijacked the cassette paths. Hopefully that’s not the case.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I still think a USB port hidden behind the cassette door would be tits. Stock looking, and plug in your thumbdrive.
    All FORD All The Time

Okay, not Panther related. But I always thought the supercharged AWD 5.0 Saleen Explorers were quite the package. Wish the wife would let me trade her Escape for this. It’s close to me. She could care less about power.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-Ford-E...8AAOSw25dfMfQD

all the CFI are belong to me

Gadget has mentioned the existence of the strange electronic tuning, no-cassette radio in the past. It's an oddball piece for sure. It seems plausible to me that the audio "input" from the cassette might be available somewhere inside it, so an aux-in could maybe be added similar to its more high-featured siblings.

83 GM 2dr POTM 10/2019 | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 & 4/2019 | 85 CS | 85 Ranger +trlr | 86 GM | 91 GM POTM 12/2017 | Junkyards
    Gone: 97CV | 83 TC

Well that radio arrived today, probably will poke at it this weekend and see if its setup similar to other electronic radios of the period. Based on Gadget's video, the audio output where it's generated can be tapped into regardless if was a cassette deck or not, since he could break the output from it even while on the regular radio tuner.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (222K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

https://www.nationalpartsdepot.com/c...ls-9321-1.html

Appears these folks have a single refinished lacy spoke turbine at a very reasonable price IMO. My wheel of choice for the box Lincoln.

fomoco panthers !

Someone here was looking for a header panel for a 80s CV or MGM. NPD has one very reasonable.
    That is a great price on the lacy lincoln wheel.
    The body parts are aftermarket, not Ford parts. For some people, it matters.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345