PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interesting Stuff Findings

I call them out after the sale on the shipping price if it does not match their advertised shipping price.

More often than not if they ship via USPS the price is always printed on the package. Ive gotten quite a bit of cash back this way.

If the item was packaged poorly/unprotected in its box I will also call them out for the high shipping price. I can let things slide though if it was packaged extremely well though.

You also have to understand that you did purchase the item at that price with that shipping so one does not have much ground to stand on arguing.

On a side...I dislike this addition of shipping prices as well as paypal percentages you find on general forums. For example "Price is x plus paypal fees and actual shipping cost."

Just give a freaking total price and you divide it up however you see fit in your head.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Shipping slipped by me - $24 but that’s from 20 miles away lol. A dollar a mile.

eBay does allow sellers to overcharge shipping, then back down on the weight or size after payment. I assume the seller can pocket the difference.

Last big shipping thing I bought was priced at $30 shipping. I didn’t care since I wanted it. Seller knocked it down to $20 without asking! Some decent people left out there.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

AFAIK, there are at least two reasons for inflating the shipping cost: 1) they probably pay the final sale fee on the purchase price before "shipping and handling", so it reduces the eBay fees, and 2) if you return an item, you probably get only the purchase price back in certain circumstances. Local sellers sometimes add a pickup fee to recoup the eBay fees and then some.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, NKL4 PCM (from a 2000 CVPI, nothing great there apart from highway cruising), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (after >202,000 km on originals)

fomoco panthers !

I contacted the seller. He made a rough estimate. Now since the part has been packed for shipping the more realistic price of about $18 is expected. He needs to change the shipping part of the listing if I were to buy. It pays to ask when the price is too high.

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

If you ask, you might not always get, but if you never ask, you'll never get.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, NKL4 PCM (from a 2000 CVPI, nothing great there apart from highway cruising), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (after >202,000 km on originals)

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    I contacted the seller. He made a rough estimate. Now since the part has been packed for shipping the more realistic price of about $18 is expected. He needs to change the shipping part of the listing if I were to buy. It pays to ask when the price is too high.
    Looks like it would be $12.30 to ship to me now. Much much more reasonable.

I wonder how much of the grille will clean up? Looks like the finish is pretty hazy from all those years tossed around in the cardboard box.

None the less if this was a CV grille I would have had it already.

I am really searching for a NOS 82 CV NON s model grille. That would be fantastic to find.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Anyone else ever get emails on long-watched items offering it for a discount? I got one on a lens I had saved for the Continental. 15% off. I bought it. Don't desperately need it but an NOS lens for 30 bucks is not bad. I'm not really planning to make that car perfect but when I can find nice parts for cheap I buy them.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Thats a newer feature that sellers can do to get watchers to buy their stuff. Ive tried doing it from the app but it must only be on the desktop site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Green steering wheel from the same guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-1980-1...n/233329978702

Got a crack but the absurdly fragile cruise buttons seem intact.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

fomoco panthers !

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    Anyone else ever get emails on long-watched items offering it for a discount? I got one on a lens I had saved for the Continental. 15% off. I bought it. Don't desperately need it but an NOS lens for 30 bucks is not bad. I'm not really planning to make that car perfect but when I can find nice parts for cheap I buy them.
    I get them all the time. Got one yesterday and today on watches. (I have a collection of watches) With one offer, I waited a couple of days after the offer expired and offered less, and it was accepted. The one today, I accepted the offer. It all depends how many people are watching. If no one except you, and it has been on ebay a long time, you have a good chance of getting a deal.
    Agree on getting NOS parts when you can at a good price. Never know when you will need them or maybe trade .

fomoco panthers !

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    Early Merc Grille https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Mercur...S/233329278921

I call that a deal at Buy it now price. Seller is local for me, donít know them though.
    Just bought it tonight. Made two bids which were below the reserve. At the end of auction without a sale, seller relisted the grille at a BIN for $10.
    Shipping is only $15. Decent deal.

fomoco panthers !

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post
    Green steering wheel from the same guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-1980-1...n/233329978702

Got a crack but the absurdly fragile cruise buttons seem intact.
    Steering wheel is still available. Crack is bad. Unless a person knows how to fill the crack and refinish the wheel, I would throw away the wheel. Buy it for the cruise buttons and the center bezel. Doubt the seller would just sell the parts though.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Just bought it tonight. Made two bids which were below the reserve. At the end of auction without a sale, seller relisted the grille at a BIN for $10.
    Shipping is only $15. Decent deal.
    you bought that for 25 bucks shipped to your door? Absolutely thats a "buy" item. Even if you don't use it, someone will be after that.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123