Interesting Stuff Findings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    I contacted the seller. He made a rough estimate. Now since the part has been packed for shipping the more realistic price of about $18 is expected. He needs to change the shipping part of the listing if I were to buy. It pays to ask when the price is too high.
    Looks like it would be $12.30 to ship to me now. Much much more reasonable.

I wonder how much of the grille will clean up? Looks like the finish is pretty hazy from all those years tossed around in the cardboard box.

None the less if this was a CV grille I would have had it already.

I am really searching for a NOS 82 CV NON s model grille. That would be fantastic to find.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Anyone else ever get emails on long-watched items offering it for a discount? I got one on a lens I had saved for the Continental. 15% off. I bought it. Don't desperately need it but an NOS lens for 30 bucks is not bad. I'm not really planning to make that car perfect but when I can find nice parts for cheap I buy them.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thats a newer feature that sellers can do to get watchers to buy their stuff. Ive tried doing it from the app but it must only be on the desktop site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Green steering wheel from the same guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-1980-1...n/233329978702

Got a crack but the absurdly fragile cruise buttons seem intact.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            Anyone else ever get emails on long-watched items offering it for a discount? I got one on a lens I had saved for the Continental. 15% off. I bought it. Don't desperately need it but an NOS lens for 30 bucks is not bad. I'm not really planning to make that car perfect but when I can find nice parts for cheap I buy them.
            I get them all the time. Got one yesterday and today on watches. (I have a collection of watches) With one offer, I waited a couple of days after the offer expired and offered less, and it was accepted. The one today, I accepted the offer. It all depends how many people are watching. If no one except you, and it has been on ebay a long time, you have a good chance of getting a deal.
            Agree on getting NOS parts when you can at a good price. Never know when you will need them or maybe trade .

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
              Early Merc Grille https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Mercur...S/233329278921

I call that a deal at Buy it now price. Seller is local for me, don’t know them though.
              Just bought it tonight. Made two bids which were below the reserve. At the end of auction without a sale, seller relisted the grille at a BIN for $10.
              Shipping is only $15. Decent deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                Green steering wheel from the same guy: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-1980-1...n/233329978702

Got a crack but the absurdly fragile cruise buttons seem intact.
                Steering wheel is still available. Crack is bad. Unless a person knows how to fill the crack and refinish the wheel, I would throw away the wheel. Buy it for the cruise buttons and the center bezel. Doubt the seller would just sell the parts though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                  Just bought it tonight. Made two bids which were below the reserve. At the end of auction without a sale, seller relisted the grille at a BIN for $10.
                  Shipping is only $15. Decent deal.
                  you bought that for 25 bucks shipped to your door? Absolutely thats a "buy" item. Even if you don't use it, someone will be after that.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...996916975.html

Says 1978, but really a 1979 Tudor. Just don’t see many any more. This one looks kind of roached but gee it’s 40 years old!

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Looks pretty rough. If it is rust free though, it is at least a good parts car. Unless a person "just loves" this car, putting much money in it is like paying for a dead horse.

Comment

One of the things I like most about the 79 LTD Landau: the c-pillar lights.

If I had a sedan, I’d be all over these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Ford-19...0AAOSwU4FaI1OE

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

You find all the cool parts, especially when they are listed incorrectly.

I have a nos piece...forget which side....

I have a set of the Merc louvers the older mercs recieved that I have been toying with installing. They install in the same place these would go. The merc versions have no lights.

I am unsure if these landau pieces require a special piece for mounting a bulb in place. I forget how the back side looks.

Mini rant: Can not stand when people try to sell things with the item on the floor. Just makes me believe they have zero care about the item.
                          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-03-2020, 10:03 PM.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

some years ago there was a pic from ebay. Forget what the item was, but it was somewhat reflective. Dude taking pics was visible. Without pants on. Clear sack shot. So it could always be worse.

Comment

https://roanoke.craigslist.org/cto/d...063158813.html

A stick Aerostar... heard they exist... never seen one. This one is local and cheap IMO. I like the Pre-92 Aerostar. They are not quite 70’s if this vans rocking, don’t come knockin, but not the 90’s jelly bean vans.

Although the Cragar SS wheels...

I need more garage space. I’d rock this daily.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I had a friend of mine in the late 80s that had a Aerostar with the 5 speed on floor. They kept it in showroom condition until they got run off the I-5 freeway in Los Angeles. Ended on its top and totaled. At least the Aerostar was far better than the next series, the Windstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X