Interesting Stuff Findings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Stuff Findings

Following what some of you are doing, I figured I’d start a thread for random interesting Panther stuff I find trolling the internet.

Today’s find is from Copart. A 1990 LX CV wagon K-code. They only made 6000ish total wagons in 1990, I’m guessing less than 1000 were no wood with LX. Unfortunately, it would appear that this is going to parted out given its title status.
    Moderate damage on the right rear quarter and tailgate. Also appears to not have a rear window.

https://www.copart.com/lot/55411708

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

That cup holder... yikes! Go get an aero cup holder/ashtray with mounting plate. Although I suppose that Walmart window mount cup holder might be secured behind the molding strip with one of the trim screws.

Nicely optioned wagon, shame it likely will be no more soon.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Such a shame. Might be possible to transfer the title to another state that would allow a salvage title to be issued. Someone knew enought about those cars to put a later model radio head unit in it.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

I'm glad someone got a bid on it ($15). Just a tad too far for me but hopefully will go to a good home

88 Country Squire
        86 Colony Park, non-op'd
        89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

The buyer more than likely is a pick a part wrecking yard. With the Copart fees, transportation, processing cost. They will end up being into it less than scrap value. Parts will be gravy. When they pull out the important cores, crush the rest, they make money. What they hope for is high scrap prices. Many of the pick a parts are now owned by LKQ. They know how to make the bucks.

Comment

That wagon is in nicer condition than my CV... Crazy how it has a no repair salvage title.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
              That wagon is in nicer condition than my CV... Crazy how it has a no repair salvage title.
              It was probably only given that type of title by virtue of its age. Probably dictated by state law.

When someone ran into my car in a parking lot (very minimal damage, but did create a small crack in the header panel), the car was totalled, but Texas law regarding totalling a car doesn't apply to a car as old as mine. So I still retained the clear title, didn't have to buy it back, and still got a check for $1300 from the guy's insurance. Might have been a different outcome in Nevada.
              —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
              1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
              1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
              1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Technically my Towncar was totaled when it got backed into and the door and fender got caved in. Same deal on the age though, I do not have a salvage title even though the insurance declared it a total loss due to age and value.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

It did say can't be put back on the road NV. many other states would probably be OK
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

I once saw something, or my dad told me about certain states that titles got run through to wash them, and make them good to sell once again. When my '91 got backed into in traffic by that teen driver on temps, they reported it as totalled/salvage even though they went back on that and paid out a fair price. I'm sure all the databases list the damn thing as totalled/salvage now, even though it shouldn't have that designation, technically.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

A Lincoln wagon based on a Colony Park. Nice touches on the grille and tailights among other things. It was actually the carpet in the cargo/jump seat area that caught my attention.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1990-Mercur...kAAOSwhYJcP5K9

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Subtle and cool.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                          The buyer more than likely is a pick a part wrecking yard. With the Copart fees, transportation, processing cost. They will end up being into it less than scrap value. Parts will be gravy. When they pull out the important cores, crush the rest, they make money. What they hope for is high scrap prices. Many of the pick a parts are now owned by LKQ. They know how to make the bucks.
                          Pretty sure LKQ is a front for the drug cartels. EVERYTHING in california leads back to LKQ. When i was trying to donate/get rid of my wrecked '90 i tried several different organizations/charities and they all lead right back around. Damn-near had to pay those assholes to haul off my junk, even though i've spent a fair bit of money in their yards buying parts for the same car. They still act like they're doing you a favor, fuckers.

Comment

That Lincoln grill is a little "pasted on for effect" but everything else looks really good. The tail lights are well done. The interior is very clean. If the reserve isn't more than $4000, I'm sure it'll sell. If it's over $5000, it will probably be a hard sell.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

80-84 Lincoln Tails NOS (and expensive at $200/pair).

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-80-198...kAAOSwyQVcirjy

Cheaper than another set on eBay for $650...

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Working...
                              X