No announcement yet.

Interesting Stuff Findings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a good price. Interesting color, not sure I've ever seen one in that pale green before.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice Lincoln. Wonder if it is a late 81 with the TBI ? My 82 had it which I believe to be the first year of TBI. Yes interesting color.

Comment

Yeah that's a nice Lincoln. Only thing, is it missing one or both of the marker lights? I seem to remember those being really expensive to replace if you can even find them.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Ashley would love it.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Early Merc Grille https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Mercur...S/233329278921

I call that a deal at Buy it now price. Seller is local for me, don’t know them though.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Shipping for me is $35 ! Only option is shown is Fed Ex. No way. Nice part though.

Comment

depends on the sale price, but if you can be into an NOS grille for under a C note its a good deal. I've bought things with stupid shipping prices because the total still came out to a number I was OK with.
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  depends on the sale price, but if you can be into an NOS grille for under a C note its a good deal. I've bought things with stupid shipping prices because the total still came out to a number I was OK with.
                  I mostly agree. I just think the seller inflated the shipping profile computation or limited the shipping options. BIN price is about $35. Good deal for someone who really needs it.
                  It would just sit in my parts inventory.

Comment

its a sneaky trick for people who aren't paying attention. Seen lots of things with shipping thats 2-3x the item price for no good reason.

Comment

Yeah... I once saw a $1 + $60 S&H and have made triple sure to check S&H before checkout.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I call them out after the sale on the shipping price if it does not match their advertised shipping price.

More often than not if they ship via USPS the price is always printed on the package. Ive gotten quite a bit of cash back this way.

If the item was packaged poorly/unprotected in its box I will also call them out for the high shipping price. I can let things slide though if it was packaged extremely well though.

You also have to understand that you did purchase the item at that price with that shipping so one does not have much ground to stand on arguing.

On a side...I dislike this addition of shipping prices as well as paypal percentages you find on general forums. For example "Price is x plus paypal fees and actual shipping cost."

Just give a freaking total price and you divide it up however you see fit in your head.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Shipping slipped by me - $24 but that’s from 20 miles away lol. A dollar a mile.

eBay does allow sellers to overcharge shipping, then back down on the weight or size after payment. I assume the seller can pocket the difference.

Last big shipping thing I bought was priced at $30 shipping. I didn’t care since I wanted it. Seller knocked it down to $20 without asking! Some decent people left out there.
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

AFAIK, there are at least two reasons for inflating the shipping cost: 1) they probably pay the final sale fee on the purchase price before "shipping and handling", so it reduces the eBay fees, and 2) if you return an item, you probably get only the purchase price back in certain circumstances. Local sellers sometimes add a pickup fee to recoup the eBay fees and then some.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                            mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I contacted the seller. He made a rough estimate. Now since the part has been packed for shipping the more realistic price of about $18 is expected. He needs to change the shipping part of the listing if I were to buy. It pays to ask when the price is too high.

Comment

If you ask, you might not always get, but if you never ask, you'll never get.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                                mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
                                X